By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Mario on Wii is enough!*

Am I the only one who thinks that Nintendo has had to much Mario on the Wii? Mario is a great franchise overall but come on its kind of starting to get annoying. The 64 had 9 Mario games in America The G.C had 12 Mario games in America The Wii has 10 Mario games in America so far with 11 counting S.M.G.2 Sony,Microsoft, and Nintendo all said that this gen will be longer than in the past 2 gens. I am not saying that no more Mario games should be on Wii I am just saying no more in a while. If they do than I hope for Luigi's Mansion 2 because that doesn't have the same gameplay as the other platform Mario games. The only reason that Nintendo has less on Wii is because they don't make Mario Party every year anymore. Don't hate me because of this but I am just saying that it would be nice to have had these before more Mario: Pikmin Kirby Starfox F-Zero Luigi's Mansion Donkey Kong adventure Yoshi Wii Its like Nintendo only has Mario and the Wii Named games now. Metroid is also oddly popular with Nintendo this gen. Even Zelda only has 1 game that was ment to be only for G.C when it was announced. So please no more Mario for awhile!

Around the Network

How many of these games play anything alike?

Well, it's true, there's a LOT of Mario this gen. Then again, the Mario name basically prints money, so I can't blame Nintendo. I bet both Sony and MS would milk the franchise even more.
That's not to say I'd really appreciate a new F-Zero, Starfox, Kirby, or any of the older IP's they basically ignored this gen.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

There can't be enough Mario

They're all different styles, in fact many of them are considered the best in their genre this generation (Mario Kart Wii, NSMB Wii, Super Mario Galaxy).

SMG2 is the only one that is similar to previous games and could be considered unnecessary because it doesn't attract new customers. Contrast with the number of Call of Duty or Guitar Hero games that appeal to exactly the same customers and it's not excessive.

Around the Network

I want a new arcade-style Starfox for Wii more than I want Galaxy2

I LOVE ICELAND!

So everyone is fine with Nintendo having only Mario, Metroid, Wii?, and nothing else but a few others here and their?

Sometimes more is better and this is exactly one of those times.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

*Sound Of Rain said:
So everyone is fine with Nintendo having only Mario, Metroid, Wii?, and nothing else but a few others here and their?

You're avoiding my question

There has been a lot of Mario but each Mario game has been very distinctive. SMG2 will be the first time Nintendo has really repeated a Mario title this year.

However, I'm sick of Mario too. Kirby Golf or Star Fox Basketball would be a nice change and give some of their other licenses some more exposure.

Of course, Wii is a mainstream machine and the mainstream knows Mario, doubt many soccer moms would know Star Fox or Samus or be interested in their games.