By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii passes 360 in LTD total software sales

oh come on!

i could say almost every big ps360 game gets a console bundle in atleast one territory... Mario Kart didnt sell because of the plastic wheel. just look at the ds game or even new super mario bros. Wii sales.

the games sell the way they do because they have mass appeal. only Wii play i can see selling because of the Wiimote. i actually saw a DS3+Uncharted bundle yet its not selling close to what Wii play is selling and thats a DS3 With a way better game.

Around the Network

Considering the number of consoles...

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

CGI-Quality said:
shinyuhadouken said:
cool..cool, but 99% of wii games are still garbage. Enjoy your victory!!!

You have to be kidding me...

OT: Congrats Wii!! It isn't too shocking though considering how much software this thing sells.

That was pretty much a given. Mainly because Xbox 360 doesn't sell much software in Japan. The Wii sells lots of software in ALL 3 Regions. If the 360 was a huge success in Japan, it might be a different story, but since Asian gamers don't care much for American game consoles, that will never happen.

'gaming till I'm gone'

I'm assuming this is for USA only. Because I'd imagine it has already sold more software than 360 WW a while ago.

But even then with a year head start in 360's strongest region its managed to sell mroe software in less time. That's incredible.

You'll have the usual folks try and spin this; With backhanded compliments, stealth trolling, or outright trolling, but the fact remains, Wii's a software beast.

Congrats. Not bad for a console whose audience don't buy games ;)

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

BladeOfGod said:
well, 360 games weren't bundled with almost every console, controller and accessory. im not trying to bash wii's success in software sales but this was pretty much expected

NPD doesn't count hardware bundles in the software total.  All those copies of Wii Sports aren't counted in this, though neither are the seasonal 360 bundles (Forza 2, Viva Pinata, Sega Tennis, MUA, MW2, Kung Fu Panda, Lego Indiana, etc).

Around the Network

Wooop that's really big. A lot of people don't realize it (just by looking at the comments here) but it is great

When you consider that Wii has over 9 million hardware lead and it has constantly broken HW records in north america this really isn't that big surprise. Actually it took pretty long time.

KillerMan said:
When you consider that Wii has over 9 million hardware lead and it has constatly broken HW records in north america this really isn't that big surprise. Actually it took pretty long time.

It sold MORE software in less time...

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
KillerMan said:
When you consider that Wii has over 9 million hardware lead and it has constatly broken HW records in north america this really isn't that big surprise. Actually it took pretty long time.

It sold MORE software in less time...

because it has also sold more hardware from day one. it is good achievement but not surprise by any means. It would be quite worrying if Wii had sold less sw than X360 with bigger hw base but this is not a case.

arsenicazure said:
Any idea how much of those sales are NOT from Nintendo?

you can find that information on this really great site: www.vgchartz.com

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.