By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mazty said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Wow you are pedantic. You know full well what I meant when I said "our machine" and what context it was used in. Grasping at straws now.

You claim that fanboy wars exist because they think more power=more enjoyable game but you yourself keep going on about one machine being more powerful and at every opportunity telling anyone you think is listening that the 360 is less powerful. Why are you so hung up on making everyone aware that the 360 is slightly less powerful than the PS3? Will that help to justify your purchase or help to continue to convince yourself it's a valid reason not to buy a 360.
I dread to think how you talk about the Wii in the ninty forums.

Carmack said there is a LITTLE bit more theoretical headroom on the PS3. For someone so pedantic you was very loose with how you chose to paraphrase that.

Any time I;ve mentioned the PS3, I've never referred to it as "my/our" console. Very odd way to see it.

No, I said that ME2 is unlikely to be the graphically best game EV0R because it doesn't look that impressive, and when you get down to it, it's neitehr an exclusive, or on the most powerful console. That's the fact of the matter whether you like it or not. I only brought up the power fo the 360 when someone insisted it was better than U2, which from a tech point of view, quite clearlly is bull as you can tell from screenshots one has more AA, better soft shadows, and post processing effects.

Ps. "You were very loose" just to make sure I'm being pedantic enough for you.

Wow, you need it explaining to you. I wasn't talking about me but using "our" as a shortcut instead of saying the devs console of choice. You really are a difficult person.

You should say it doesn't look that impressive in your opinion from watching it on youtube and not from playing it on a 360 and watching it on a HDTV.

"I;ve" no doubts that you're pedantic enough and "neitehr" has anyone else.

Around the Network

@huaxiong
I've never tried to say its the best looking game out there or better than KZ2 or u2.

CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
huaxiong90 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Lord Flashheart said:
So tell us CGI, does it have no AA, low poly models, flat textures and no field of depth?

No sir. It has all of the above, though at times there's a bit, and I mean a BIT, of aliasing. Textures aren't flat, character models have much bump mapping and detail, and the depth of field is nearly as good as Uncharted 2's IMO. The game is absolutely gorgeous and is definitely up there with the best that consoles have to offer. I just wouldn't put it ahead of the best that I've seen.

But again, I'm not trying to take jabs at the game, you can really see that a lot of hard work went into it.

From what I've seen on youtube, it would seem I agree with everything you say. IMO, the only significant difference I see is the lighting: Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 are far ahead.

Who cares about graphics? This games graphics are great as far as I am concerned and as far as story and gameplay are concerned It's already better than Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 in my opinion. Enjoy it my friend.... from what I am hearing I going to love it!!!

Well, I compare it to MGS4. MGS4 had a better story than Uncharted 2, as does Mass Effect 2. But neither tells their stories as well as Uncharted 2 does, in fact no game to to date has. The way Uncharted 2's characters interact with each other is second to none, with the only comparable games being Heavenly Sword and HEAVY RAIN.

Still doesn't take away my belief that Mass Effect 2 is a phenomenal experience.

Heavy Rains story type is only comparable to Mass Effect 2 because the story can be manipulated. Uncharted 2 is closer to Metal Gear Solid 4 because most of the game was a movie and you're just watching the story play out.

Lord Flashheart said:
Mazty said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Wow you are pedantic. You know full well what I meant when I said "our machine" and what context it was used in. Grasping at straws now.

You claim that fanboy wars exist because they think more power=more enjoyable game but you yourself keep going on about one machine being more powerful and at every opportunity telling anyone you think is listening that the 360 is less powerful. Why are you so hung up on making everyone aware that the 360 is slightly less powerful than the PS3? Will that help to justify your purchase or help to continue to convince yourself it's a valid reason not to buy a 360.
I dread to think how you talk about the Wii in the ninty forums.

Carmack said there is a LITTLE bit more theoretical headroom on the PS3. For someone so pedantic you was very loose with how you chose to paraphrase that.

Any time I;ve mentioned the PS3, I've never referred to it as "my/our" console. Very odd way to see it.

No, I said that ME2 is unlikely to be the graphically best game EV0R because it doesn't look that impressive, and when you get down to it, it's neitehr an exclusive, or on the most powerful console. That's the fact of the matter whether you like it or not. I only brought up the power fo the 360 when someone insisted it was better than U2, which from a tech point of view, quite clearlly is bull as you can tell from screenshots one has more AA, better soft shadows, and post processing effects.

Ps. "You were very loose" just to make sure I'm being pedantic enough for you.

Wow, you need it explaining to you. I wasn't talking about me but using "our" as a shortcut instead of saying the devs console of choice. You really are a difficult person.

You should say it doesn't look that impressive in your opinion from watching it on youtube and not from playing it on a 360 and watching it on a HDTV.

"I;ve" no doubts that you're pedantic enough and "neitehr" has anyone else.

8800GT = 60FPS. That means the game is graphically meh. No two ways about it.

yay..@ OP. totally owns...what else?!

Around the Network
iHuGi said:

In my and my friends opinion (All owner of Both Consoles) 360 is the Console with better games to come (Console Exclusives) and joining that Xbox Live we all Agree that 360 is the Console of choice for anyone who says they are HardCore Gamers ! :D

Tell mw what u think and what u are buying this year for 360 !

Stating with the best game of this 1st 6 months (Mass Effect 2) i will buy more than 5 games :D

The xbox360 is the last of the three current consoles to own 2010.

The 2010 Game-Line-Up for the PS3 is better, and the Line-Up for the Wii is truly amazing.

The 360 had its time in 2008 and parts of 2009, but the Line-Up for 2010 is disappointing.

8800GT=60fps?
Ok you'll have to explain that one. Also show me how many games outside of a pc that run at higher than 60fps.
Wasn't there a discussion a couple of months ago about how games should be aiming for 60fps?
Tell me what does 7800=?

Miguel_Zorro said:
The title of this thread should be changed to "Xbox 360 OWNS (the last 11 months of) 2010!".

Then, each month, you could change it to 10, 9, 8 etc... :)

Maybe something like this...

Month / Best Game

Jan  -  Mass Effect 2

Feb

Mar

In the case of the best game being multi-platform it'll be a tie and each console will get a point...  And we'll declare at the end of the year which console owned 2010...

Lord Flashheart said:
8800GT=60fps?
Ok you'll have to explain that one. Also show me how many games outside of a pc that run at higher than 60fps.
Wasn't there a discussion a couple of months ago about how games should be aiming for 60fps?
Tell me what does 7800=?

If the 8800GT can run ME2 at 60 frames a second on highest settings, the graphics are going to be average.
Games should run at 60fps, otherwise turn down the settings. But the 8800GT is 4 years old, with the 9000 and 200 series above it with the gf100 series out sometime in the next few months, not to mention the ATI 4000 and 5000 series. Aim for 60 fps on cards like the GTX260, not the 8800GT, otherwise the game simply isn't nearly making the most of the technology.

Not my fault you are utterly computer illiterate.

And fyi, the 7800GT = crap. Not even DX10. So next time you try to be a smart arse, don't, you'll just end up looking stupid. For the millionth time.

Great to see my topic being so popular , also glad to see that some people arent blind and can see how 360 line up is so much better tan Ps3 line up this year... And x10 was just a glimpse remeber!

Microsoft owns 2010 !

May 3rd People :D