By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Standard and Premium Memberships

What if VgChartz starts charging a monthly fee to view sales numbers?

I won't pay. 334 75.57%

I'll pay. 23 5.20%

I'll go to BugriChartz instead. 85 19.23%

Total:442
MontanaHatchet said:
Chrizum said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I think ioi needs a hug. Seriously, I would have flipped out by now if I was ioi (but then again, that's me).

Chrizum, if you want more access to the data, you could consider becoming a contributor. Of course, that would require helping out the site, and I guess that's just too much to ask.

Wait.

If I came across as wanting to acces the data, you interpreted me wrong. I was merely trying to get a clear answer to your question, which I got.

Then there's really nothing else to discuss here. Why are you still arguing?

What? I'm not talking a foreign language am I?

I was just trying to get some clear answers on the question you asked. That is all. Thank you.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Chrizum said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I think ioi needs a hug. Seriously, I would have flipped out by now if I was ioi (but then again, that's me).

Chrizum, if you want more access to the data, you could consider becoming a contributor. Of course, that would require helping out the site, and I guess that's just too much to ask.

Wait.

If I came across as wanting to acces the data, you interpreted me wrong. I was merely trying to get a clear answer to your question, which I got.

Then there's really nothing else to discuss here. Why are you still arguing?

What? I'm not talking a foreign language am I?

I was just trying to get some clear answers on the question you asked. That is all. Thank you.

Okay then, we're done here. Bye.

Contributors get free membership or just more access than normal users and less than subscribers?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Contributors get free membership or just more access than normal users and less than subscribers?

It seems staff gets Standard from what I can tell but I'm going to guess Admins get the premium...

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
Euphoria14 said:

It seems staff gets Standard from what I can tell but I'm going to guess Admins get the premium...

That's great news. So now helping has it's perks.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Well i'm going to offer VG Charts best of luck with this. It's bean great too. Many a times to shut fanboys up to the deflection stance. At the same time I can't disagree with with the idea. It takes effort and the effort should be rewarded. Though I wish I knew of a better revenue model than subscription for the tools.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

ioi, I'm wondering if you liked my idea. I hope so. and I hope you can make that happen. If it does, then I'm sure more people would have subscriptions, even if it's only a little bit more, better than nothing right?

I personally think that there are other more dynamic ways for VGChartz to increase revenue/profit so as to provide its members with more premium information. Honestly, I don't think the paid subscription model is near your best solution. And currently I think with VGChartz's raport, you have a lot of room to grow without the need for paid subscriptions.

ioi I would like to say that my interest in these more advanced numbers is making a Standard membership/attempt to get back my Contributor position pretty tempting

I'm curious, and please forgive me if you've already answered this: will an increased revenue stream help you be able to gather more data for formulating the site's numbers?

$8/month is really steep. I'd go for $25/yr, tops.

Trying to convince me the Wii is a real adult game machine 'if you play it right' is like trying to convince me Tofu tastes great 'if you just cook it right'