By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TEKKEN 7: Whats your Wishlist?

Tekken 6 released to less fanfare and critical reception than any other previous installment.

Some say the game took to long to come out and by the time it did we already had are fighting fixes with SF4,BlazeBlu ext.

Some say fighters just arnt big anymore thus Tekken is slowy dieing with the genre.

Some say it was the fact that it isnt exclusive thus loosing any hype or that perfection that exclusives have.

but whatever the case Tekken wasnt a huge hit as i would thought it be.

I came across this piece of info  http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226229and it seems Tekken team is already brainstorming another entry into the series.

For those ppl who were disappointed with Tekken 6 or those who think there should be improvements.. what do you want in Tekken 7?

My Wishlist:

Graphics-  While im general not a graphics whore, fighters are one of those genres that really benefit from looking nice and Tekken is no exception. Tekken 1-3 were praised for there graphical achievements and which also plays a roll in the series early success, Tekken is like FF for the fighting genre constantly raising the bar. Tekken 6 is good looking game but it doesnt have the that dominance it makes it even more apparent when NB's other series SOUL CALIBUR released in 2008 puts it to shame.

Lets see T7 with that shine the series is know for.

In depth customization - this one really shocks me.... this was the biggest new feature that was touted in T6, but its the most lacking? some characters ( Lars) rarely have anything and it seens that they took a lazy approach... the same items in 20 different colors..why should i have to pay 700,000 for a different color bracer that i already have?. We should be able to buy the item and change its color at will and the add more unique stuff to replace all those variaion options. it would also help so that we dont have to make stupid looking chracters in a bunch of fruity clown colors.

enviormental effects - Simple, Lili falls in water her hair gets wet, and shirt gets see through, they fall in snow maybe it covers their body and with every hit some of it falls off, fighting in fire or ner heat makes the chatacter sweat... characters reacting with their enviornment.

Physics & animations- when Bob does his cart wheel kick that fat needs to jiggle and Bob and the girls need boob physics too

..tekken has always had good animations but some slip through..like the running animation look weird or the weird lookin bounce animation that looks likes something out of loonet toons

Improve campainge mode - I actually like the campanige mode alot but i still has some issues.. Tekken force( wat campainge mode is extension of) first appered in tekken 3 but as a side scroller where it works better it appeared in T4 where it was weird and hard and again in T5 where it centered on jin  where it was good but at the cost of Jins normal moves( he had a new moveset for the mode). T6 isnt bad i just thought it wasnt polished enough having to focus on one  enemy in a mob is annoying and in my adventures with Mirson today it is nearly impossible on hard... im not sure wat i want T3 style goes better but i like the 3D thing too.

Bring Tekken back to Mainstream - Tekken is getting to difficult for its own good, T1-3 were easier to master as the characters had a small but useful list of moves not 100+ with 80 youll never use, remembering all these especailly if you play multi characters can be daunting. Juggles and bounce a new additions that kinda are game breaking like being juggled then pulled into a bounce can be annoying especailly when theres no way out of it once it happens..in the old days when you mastered your 10 hit combo you were ultimate it seems juggle and bounce that away from the 10 hit combo's mastering.

I still have a couple of things i want to add but i dont want to make it too long of a read so ill continue in my other post..

What do you want to see done in Tekken 7?

Around the Network

Tekken Tag being part of the basic package.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

first of all i want to say that it will definitely be a PS3 exclusive

Pretty much everything you stated, my only other want not really need for Tekken 7 is Angel Lars or something like that, LARS NEEDS WINGS!!!

Other then that, i never liked tekken up until the 6th game, which i find ironic since it seems now that i finally like a long time game series like tekken everyone else seems to hate it or not care anymore... damnit...

You pretty much covered all the NEEDS over the GREEDS, Lars needs more custom gear and we need some bob jiggle and lili see through...

Didn't realize how much better SCIV looked compared to Tekken now that i notice them side-by-side... geez.

I agree with ur points ,,, better graphics is a must ,,the surface textures need work big time,,I honestly think they should drop the campaign

Around the Network

- get back realism, no shitty weapon

- change the gamelplay or ADD another one or even change all the gameplay fighting

Time to Work !

libellule said:

You mean get back to the game full of fighting kangaroos and velociraptors? Massive robots and cyborgs? A guy possessed by a demon? That kind of realism?

I get your point on the weapons though but they are just added extra in the costume part and most are slow, redundent and avoidable.

On subject and in responsee to your comments: Agreed in Graphics. Tekken used to be the game to live up to graphics wise on PS1 and even PS2, I still think it looks good, very good just not good as it coul be.

Definately have more customisation options and not only that, give all characters 4 standard costumes, just 2 (or 3 without being about to change the 3rd) seems a bit backwards considering Tekken Tag had loads of costumes, okay so they were usually variations but then that was Tekken Tag on a DVD this is Blu-ray.

The girls to have boob physics, Bob and Ganryu need it as well (unless they do and I haven't noticed) but generally on all animations,I think it's had a vast improvement over T5, characters can move seemlessly into throws and other moves, wall contact still not great though, so I'd like to be able to push a button and instant recover from a wall like I can the floor.

No campaign mode (or as extra not nessecary), just Tag Team function and bowl.

I don't like the juggling mechanic, I hardly use it. I find 2 well placed punisher move or a combo where the first hit garentees the rest are far more effective then a juggle combo. I understand why you'd want to juggle because it unblocked damage but still.

Lastly, get rid of the Bear, I hate the bear.

Hmm, pie.

Oh and more new characters with known fighting styles. Other then Bob's generic Karate, only Leo out of the new characters had a known fighting style in Bajiquan.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
libellule said:

You mean get back to the game full of fighting kangaroos and velociraptors? Massive robots and cyborgs? A guy possessed by a demon? That kind of realism?

I get your point on the weapons though but they are just added extra in the costume part and most are slow, redundent and avoidable.

On subject and in responsee to your comments: Agreed in Graphics. Tekken used to be the game to live up to graphics wise on PS1 and even PS2, I still think it looks good, very good just not good as it coul be.

Definately have more customisation options and not only that, give all characters 4 standard costumes, just 2 (or 3 without being about to change the 3rd) seems a bit backwards considering Tekken Tag had loads of costumes, okay so they were usually variations but then that was Tekken Tag on a DVD this is Blu-ray.

The girls to have boob physics, Bob and Ganryu need it as well (unless they do and I haven't noticed) but generally on all animations,I think it's had a vast improvement over T5, characters can move seemlessly into throws and other moves, wall contact still not great though, so I'd like to be able to push a button and instant recover from a wall like I can the floor.

No campaign mode (or as extra not nessecary), just Tag Team function and bowl.

I don't like the juggling mechanic, I hardly use it. I find 2 well placed punisher move or a combo where the first hit garentees the rest are far more effective then a juggle combo. I understand why you'd want to juggle because it unblocked damage but still.

Lastly, get rid of the Bear, I hate the bear.

oups, sorry, my point on realist was not about weapon only

it is about all the "fantasy" part that are funny at start and get pretty boring after some time .... so mostly special animal character or weapon.
But I never had any problem with the cyborg JACK : it is scfi more than fantasy, and it was ok

Time to Work !

Campaign: Improve the camera! You don't know how many times I've died because of the awful camera. I would like to control the camera. Also the lock-on feature blows; it's annoying how it stays locked on to dead enemies. I kind of enjoyed scenario mode though.

Character's story should remain in Arcade mode, or at least have more than four matches. You get the prologue, fight two characters who are related to the one you're using, then you fight Jin and Azazel respectively, and the ending movie rolls. It was a step backward compared to Tekken 5. Each prologue had narration, and the stories had nice pacing. In stage 5 and sometimes in stage 7, you confront your rival or someone who is connected to your character (storyline wise), and a small cutscene plays before you fight them. I thought that was pretty neat. Also with nine matches, you get a good feel of the character you're using.

No more annoying final boss fights. Jinpachi was terrible, and Azazel is even worse.

More modes including online: like playing team battles online (not sure if you can).

Improve loading times.

No more ending movies unlocking without me playing the mode. I had no idea why the character's ending movies were being unlocked when I haven't even touched the arena mode. It kind of killed some of the replay value.

Agreed with the graphics, animations, environments and customization. Most of the clothing in customization are the same things but in different color, and it's ridiculous how expensive most of the things are. I also like more hair color selections. Asuka needs better clothes :P. Also, I would love the option to choose stage and music seperately in the main menu.

I'll try to come up with more stuff.