By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So Bayonetta might be the greatest action game of ALL TIME

iLLmaticV3 said:
If only this game had a good story and good dialogue... man it would be one hell of a game. This is the only reason why I think God of War 3 will be better, the story and dialogue.

I dont know, thats rather subjective I guess.I honestly gave god of war a try.Bought chain of olympus for psp,bought collection for ps3 and hell even dowloaded the god of war 3 demo.The game bores me to death,graphicly it doesnt give me that "wow" sensation most of you get.But the minute I played the bayonetta demo on xbox360 it was like wow its funny its exciting I like it.I like games that dont take itself too seriously.Illl be buying it later on seeing how Iam poor atm.

Natal and Sony's flashing Ice cream cone

Around the Network

I like to enjoy all the things you are saying to ignore.. I'll see when I play it though.

Skeeuk said:
@OP

noone wants bayonetta in fact after a few months you wont even hear about it, it wont set any standards its massivly overhyped even over reviewed id give it 7.0 at best. in a nutshell you can say forget about story forget about chars forget about this and that just concentrate on fighting, well people want all them things you said forget about, as a total package bayonetta is a subpar NG DMC

You just look foolish every time you slander Bayoentta. Anyone with half a brain can tell the combat and gameplay is easily one of the most fun hack and slash experiences out there...

Just makes you look biased or like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Much of the games appeal comes from it flair. There's no question about it. Some people love it like yourself, others do not. If you don't, than the combat doesn't do much for ya... it's a feature that acts as an aggravating or mitigating factors to your view on the games greatness.

For example, some people think God of War has the superior fighting mechanic, others Ninja Gaiden. Making statements like its gameplay is objectively better than X just shows me that you love the flair...

...and Bewbs ^_^

for me the story and characters are so important now i have not played bayonetta but if you want me to look past all those things and just look at the gameplay i cant do that............. maybe bayonetta will not be for me, like the movie Avatar it was stunning to look at it was down right beautiful but the god awful villian and bad acting and the damn cheesy bs was just too much

Around the Network

All this hype is going to make me get it now.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Skeeuk said:
@OP

noone wants bayonetta in fact after a few months you wont even hear about it, it wont set any standards its massivly overhyped even over reviewed id give it 7.0 at best. in a nutshell you can say forget about story forget about chars forget about this and that just concentrate on fighting, well people want all them things you said forget about, as a total package bayonetta is a subpar NG DMC

So what console did you play it on? Because your PSN ID and XBL Gamertag both say that you haven't ever played it. Is there a DS version?

I agree. I was really shocked about how good the game turned out to be. For me, this is the OOT this generation. The game that really pushed a genre forward, and changed everything that the genre will output from its release date onward. This game will change every action game that starts development after January 2010. :P

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

dsister44 said:
Skeeuk said:
@OP

So what console did you play it on? Because your PSN ID and XBL Gamertag both say that you haven't ever played it. Is there a DS version?

He's been very negative about the game far before it was ever released, and it is quite a conincidence that his opinion didn't change at all, from before he played it, till the point after the game was released when he had the opportunity to play it, but who knows. Not everyone loves every great game, but I think that anyone who has actually played it, will admit that it is at least good, and in truth, yeah, it's great. No getting around it. :P

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Swtchmob21 said:
for me the story and characters are so important now i have not played bayonetta but if you want me to look past all those things and just look at the gameplay i cant do that............. maybe bayonetta will not be for me, like the movie Avatar it was stunning to look at it was down right beautiful but the god awful villian and bad acting and the damn cheesy bs was just too much

The story and character/presentation are, in you example, the excellent graphics in avatar. The gameplay is the meat of a game and the meat of a movie. To be honest, in a game like GoW, the story is basically a very small part of the game. It's a 30 minute drama played out over a 10 hour game.

I suggest this. Go watch 1 episode of a good anime, buy bayonetta, and skip the cutscenes. It mightt be your favorite game ever released. :P

I mean, it's like Mario brothers good, and people not buying it because of a poor story is like not buying Mario, Zelda, or Metroid because of a poor story. :P

NO NO, NO NO NO.