By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some Bad plot twist that annoy you?

Riachu said:
Kantor said:

I hate it when somebody is your ally for half the game, and then it turns out that they're EVIL just as you're starting to like them.

Examples:

Harry Flynn

Alister Azimuth (kind of)

The latter was not evil.  His motives just got the best of him and was already too late when he realized it.

You still had to fight him, though. If I were Ratchet, I would have gone along with it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Rico didn't die yet?  :P

adriane23 said:
zexen_lowe said:
I'm usually annoyed by the reasons the main villain has to destroy the world, "I'm powerful so I have to use my power to destroy those who are weak", "I want to be a god", "We are doomed so I'm saving the world by destroying it"

These:

"I want to be a god" - But you're already the strongest person on the planet asshole, that's why I had to level up to 99 before opening the big ass door to your throne room.

"We are doomed so I'm saving the world by destroying it" - Just kill yourself, it's easy. And did you tell your sub-bosses that you were going to be doing this??

QTF!!

MW2 had the worst plot twist ever in the history of gaming *spoilers*
Yeah I'm going the kill some of the most highly trained soldiers in the world................................................. for shits and giggles??????
there was absolutely no reason for Shepherd to do what he did.

I hated the "There's still good in him" angle in Star Wars. There's probably still some good in him, but HE BUTCHERED A BUNCH OF CHILDREN. I could give a fuck if he's nice to his kitten. Same thing goes for you, Magneto!!

Also, the "It was all a dream" and "alternate universe" storylines lose their impact if you use them all of the time, Marvel/DC.

Around the Network

Bad plot twist? When I start losing against the computer at Monopoly... WTF kind of bullshit is that? My hotels are invincible!!!

I'm really not trying to hate on the game or anything but seriously almost every plot twist in MGS4 had me facepalming the whole time. I'm gonna mention only 3 to save time.

1: The Patriots are MGS3 cast.

2: It was all the Nanomachines fault sigh ...

3: Big Boss lives *Barf*

There is a lot of games with dumb plot twists (like MW2 most recently) but MGS4 sticks in my head the most. MGS2-3 had it right.

TheThunder said:

I'm really not trying to hate on the game or anything but seriously almost every plot twist in MGS4 had me facepalming the whole. I'm gonna mention only 3 to save time.

1: The Patriots are MGS3 cast.

2: It was all the Nanomachines fault sigh ...

3: Big Boss lives *Barf*

There is a lot of games with dumb plot twists (like MW2 most recently) but MGS4 sticks in my head the most. MGS2-3 had it right.

4: Johnny and Meryl's love/action scenes*double barf*

"This room is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly. Make rapid progress."

Not cool.....

Riachu said:
zexen_lowe said:
darthdevidem01 said:
zexen_lowe said:
darthdevidem01 said:
zexen_lowe said:
I'm usually annoyed by the reasons the main villain has to destroy the world, "I'm powerful so I have to use my power to destroy those who are weak", "I want to be a god", "We are doomed so I'm saving the world by destroying it"

In your last point, he wasn't the main villain

What game do you mean?

I was thinking of Gilvaroth from Jeanne d'Arc, I think his reasons was something like that

oh I thought you meant Seymour from FFX

his reasons were similar to that

I was half thinking on Jeanne d'Arc and half thinking in Suikoden III, never actually thought in FFX

Seymour wanted to kill everyone on the planet because he wanted to end their suffering since Sin would just come back every 10 years

that was one of the worst villain motivations of all time

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey