By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some Bad plot twist that annoy you?

darthdevidem01 said:
Riachu said:
zexen_lowe said:
darthdevidem01 said:
zexen_lowe said:
darthdevidem01 said:
zexen_lowe said:
I'm usually annoyed by the reasons the main villain has to destroy the world, "I'm powerful so I have to use my power to destroy those who are weak", "I want to be a god", "We are doomed so I'm saving the world by destroying it"

In your last point, he wasn't the main villain

What game do you mean?

I was thinking of Gilvaroth from Jeanne d'Arc, I think his reasons was something like that

oh I thought you meant Seymour from FFX

his reasons were similar to that

I was half thinking on Jeanne d'Arc and half thinking in Suikoden III, never actually thought in FFX

Seymour wanted to kill everyone on the planet because he wanted to end their suffering since Sin would just come back every 10 years

that was one of the worst villain motivations of all time

Swiftly followed by his stupid laugh.....

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Riachu said:
zexen_lowe said:
darthdevidem01 said:
zexen_lowe said:
darthdevidem01 said:
zexen_lowe said:
I'm usually annoyed by the reasons the main villain has to destroy the world, "I'm powerful so I have to use my power to destroy those who are weak", "I want to be a god", "We are doomed so I'm saving the world by destroying it"

In your last point, he wasn't the main villain

What game do you mean?

I was thinking of Gilvaroth from Jeanne d'Arc, I think his reasons was something like that

oh I thought you meant Seymour from FFX

his reasons were similar to that

I was half thinking on Jeanne d'Arc and half thinking in Suikoden III, never actually thought in FFX

Seymour wanted to kill everyone on the planet because he wanted to end their suffering since Sin would just come back every 10 years

that was one of the worst villain motivations of all time

Who cares how good his motivation is.  Sin and Yu Yevon were the true antagonists.

Super hero comics become a mess storywise.

I think a main motivation for a lot of the bad guy becoming good guy or control twist are because the creators fall in love with their own villain. Thus they figure fans will fall in love with them as well.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

metalmonstar said:

I think a main motivation for a lot of the bad guy becoming good guy or control twist are because the creators fall in love with their own villain. Thus they figure fans will fall in love with them as well.

This is kinda why I don't read super hero comics.  Their storytelling is just a mess.

I am guessing the big muscle good guys aren't good enough for them if they resort to those two twists.

Riachu said:
metalmonstar said:

This is kinda why I don't read super hero comics.  Their storytelling is just a mess.

I am guessing the big muscle good guys aren't good enough for them if they resort to those two twists.

Well how else would they deliver a purple nurple?

Around the Network

This made the MGS2 story retarded for me.... >_>

Wasn't satisfied by it at all!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Eternal Sonata. Chopin dies in the end. i was SO not expecting that!

lies. of course i was. i just didnt want it to happen, as though by playing the game i would magically change history. tbh im more annoyed at myself ¬_¬;

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

Well mine was not considered to be a bad plot line, but however it did irritate me and got me going WTF, looking back on it now, it was pretty innovative.
It was in Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time, the part where you found out your world was not real and it was just simply a virtual world created by someone, however, the virtual beings in your world had become life forms by their own right and grew to have their own intelligence and could make up their own minds for themselves.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

i mostly hat the "the key to world domination is sealed since thousands of years with magic so no bad guy ever can get to it! lets go there, break open all the seals and look if its still there so he can follow us and take it when we reach it!"

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

trashleg said:
Eternal Sonata. Chopin dies in the end. i was SO not expecting that!

lies. of course i was. i just didnt want it to happen, as though by playing the game i would magically change history. tbh im more annoyed at myself ¬_¬;

thanks for the spoiler

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’