By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No matter what you think, IGN is right.

No matter what you say about the editors at IGN, I think they are right. As much as I hate to say it but they are right. Nintendo, being a legendary developer is now playing it safe. Lately, they have done nothing in order to prove that they care for the audience.

Though with early Wii games such as SMG, MP3, SSBB, MKWii they have put in considerable amount of effort to make an amazing game. But the time that Wii Fit came and sold gazillion copies, they just started to focus away from quality and towards what casuals(people who buy games every ~6 months as opposed to hardcore gamers who buy games every month) want.

Online support is ignored from games like Punch-Out!! and NSMBWii and Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort. If Conduit, MWR and WaW can handle 12, 10 and 8 people online on huge maps, these games can definitely support up to 4 people. They have done nothing about the Friend-Code system at all. Though some of you may say that FCs are not bad, you know that not having them would be better and more faster. Voice Chat support in online games is a standard since 2007 yet Nintendo INTRODUCED their voice chat accessory at the end of 2008 with no encouragement for the 3rd party to use it (First third party dev to use it was Conduit). If you look at Microsoft, they are going all out for 3rd party support for Natal and they are receiving it. If Nintendo could do that for Wii Speak, Wii's online community would be much different. They should be setting the bar by including it in their games so devs could look at that and include it in their games.

They believe that they have Call of Duty and Final Fantasy on their console, but they do not realize that one is a 2-year old port releasing on the same day as its hyped sequel. They do not realize that Wii gets a spinoff of a spinoff of a major franchise with Crystal Bearers and Wii does not get the main Final Fantasy which BOTH of the other consoles do.

With other developers cancelling support of the Wii, Nintendo have done NOTHING to respond to these comments. They should at least come out and say something like "Wii owners do not want On-rails shooters but quality games that are popular in today's market".

Nintendo tell the public that Wii owners want gameplay over graphics, but like Eric Nofsinger of HVS said "We want gameplay but we also want good graphics." I do want amazing gameplay, but i also want good graphics to COMPLEMENT that awesome gameplay. It makes the whole gaming experience complete.

Look at Sony. They are trying so hard. Every single game they are releasing ( or most) are really good. Uncharted 2 is the GOTY 2009. KZ2 had supposedly the best console graphics when it released. GT5 is boasting to be the most realistic driving simulator and with those screens I agree. Uncharted 2 even had an online multiplayer, vs. and Co-op. Sony is releasing MAG, a 256-player online shooter. WOW. I do not want Nintendo to do all these things, but I want you guys to realize how original and quality-oriented Sony is trying to be right now with games like these.

Nintendo are too busy counting there money. If Nintendo invested the money they got from, lets say Wii Fit, in to a better online community with dedicated servers, the whole Wii online system would be much better. Nintendo has released the solution to Wii hard drive limitations, but they personally did nothing to utilize it. I want demos of games, DLC, FULL DLC and not hotfixes and full game downloads to my SD card.

Nintendo does have potential in overcoming these accuses by focusing on their upcoming gems such as Metroid: Other M, SMG2, and Legend of Zelda Wii. If they show more effort by incorporating new features or building upon the standards set by today's games, then it is a good sign of things to come.

No matter what you say, and even if it does sound bad (Trust me, being a proud owner of the Wii, it hurts me to say this a lot but I have accepted the truth) Nintendo have lost their quality of games in the past couple years. If they do not show pure effort soon enough, I don't know what will happen.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

Around the Network

Lol! Good joke thread, I almost believe it.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Is this astroturf?

I give this thread 6/10

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

The online system is not going to be changed until the next gen, better get used to it. Don't fix what isn't broken, especially if the fix is a major redesign... if tons of people are happily playing MK:Wii with the current online system, it's not broken.

NSMB:Wii would probably not work too well online. Its close interaction between players doesn't really play well with lag (like a fighting game, but worse as you physically interact - jumping on each other, etc.).

Wii Fit Plus is a minor-add on, and Punch Out is not a major game either. Just wait until the next wave of games and you will probably be happy enough.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Don't worry son, Zelda will make it all better. Take 2 of Galaxy and call your M:OM.........

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

But LBP has 4 player online with DLC and all. What about that? I believe these are just excuses. The Wii is capable of having it and running at 60 fps.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

I wanted to type up a long rebuttal, but I just don't have the heart. Not worth it really. The short version is what you value is not universally valued. Online is a waste of programming time as it pertains to my personal enjoyment of a game. Same is true of DLC, and many other things. I don't are what you think should be standard for some arbitrary reason. I care about what actually adds to my game experience, and makes it more enjoyable. Nintendo continues to do extremely well in that regard.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

It's just a dry spell. Like you said, Zelda, Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M are coming. I'm sure the production values in those games will be up there with Sony's best.

ash3336 said:
But LBP has 4 player online with DLC and all. What about that? I believe these are just excuses. The Wii is capable of having it and running at 60 fps.

I have never played LBP online, but I heard lots of complaints about it...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957