By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Not good for FFXIII-2.

Btw the game has 10 days left and not 9.

Around the Network

yeah, there is no way capcom shipped enough

Inazuma > 100 points! great... and starting to pick up

What are 100 Points !!????
100.000 Software-sales ?

Sorry for my bad English guys :D

I am from Germany - Dortmund

kleinanzeigen said:
What are 100 Points !!????
100.000 Software-sales ?

This is not even close to an exact science. It changes from console to console, from game type to game type, and even then it is not consistent.

Let me give you an example:

A day before launch,

[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam VS Extreme - 509pt
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 - 297pt

But according to the Japan Preview and Famitsu, Mario Kart ended up with 451-467k first week, while Gundam ended up with 339k according to the Japan Preview (we will know only tomorrow the actual numbers for Gundam, but I doubt it will be higher than MK7 or Famitsu would have mentioned that...).

Now you may say these are points for pre-orders while the numbers are first week?

Well then, according to COMG these are the numbers for the first week:

Comgnet Weekly Sales Ranking
Index aggregation period: Tuesday, December 04, 2011 ~ November 28, 2011
[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam VS Extreme - 968pt
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 - 621pt

No comment.

So, one can try to compare the current number of points a game gets vs. its previous iteration in a series and from that have a guess at first week, or try to compare two similar games of the same type and figure out which may do better, maybe guess sales based on past performance and points of similar games in the past, but in the end it's all just guesstimates.

Still, it's a fun game in itself

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network

MH3G has been really impressive, 3DS has probably locked a 300k or even 400k week in Japan this Christmas!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Thanks for the Info BmmB1 ^^
Monster Hunter Tri G has got over 1000 POINTS - I think - 500,000 - first week - possible or impossible ?

Sorry for my bad English guys :D

I am from Germany - Dortmund

kleinanzeigen said:

Thanks for the Info BmmB1 ^^
Monster Hunter Tri G has got over 1000 POINTS - I think - 500,000 - first week - possible or impossible ?

That's actually the low end expected for the game, IMHO it's sure it'll do better if there's enough supply (which looks impossible though, Capcom is rumored to ship only 420k D1).

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

[3DS] Monster 3G (Normal Edition) - 914pt
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 580pt
[3DS] Monster 3G (slide pad Bundle) - 307pt
[PS3] Armored Core 5 - 138pt
[PS3] OG Super Robot Taisen 2 - 105pt
[PS3] OROCHI 2 Warriors (Limited Edition) - 103pt
[PSP] Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's PORTABLE-THE GEARS OF DESTINY-GOD BOX Limited Edition - 103pt
[PS3] ヴェルサス Final Fantasy XIII - 96pt
[NDS] peaked witch hat and stylish - 84pt
[PS3] BLAZBLUE CONTINUUM SHIFT EXTEND - 84pt
[PS3] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 66pt
[PSP] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (Limited Edition) - 64pt
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven GO Shine - 57pt
[PSV] GOLF6 everyone - 53pt
[PS3] Ultimate Blast Dragon Ball - 51pt
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven GO Dark - 49pt
[PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (dub version) - 43pt
[PSP] I & II Machine God tier Super Robot Taisen OG Saga - 42pt
[PSP] BOX  limitation agreement portable Madoka Magika Maho Shojo (Full, Limited Edition) - 39pt
[PSP] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (Limited Edition) - 39pt

1221 for MH3G, should get to 1300 points! And hopefully Capcom is shipping some more over the weekend..

And I can't believe FF13 won't do 1000 points!!!