By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Look how much of a difference a release date makes.

Around the Network
Cross-X said:

Don't forget the we love cars, Im guessing it helped even tho its wiered.... LOL!

Pyramid12 said:
Cross-X said:

Don't forget the we love cars, Im guessing it helped even tho its wiered.... LOL!

Hahaha gotta love the Jap . Whatever suits them man. I'm just glad that GT5 is doing well.

Like TBH, I really hoped that GT5 would reach 500pts before launch because I thought it wouldn't be possible but damn look at it drive past 550K with ease!

NYANKS said:

Okay, so the source just gave MH3P a chance to sell more first week than Pokemon Black and White!  According to his preview, he says 2 million to 2.5 million AT LEAST.  That's not too shabby.  With a little bit of luck it has a small chance at doing SLIGHTLY better and doing it! 

The fact that it even has a chance is insane.

His Nintendo loving heart must have cried when he wrote it :)

I have a feeling MH3 will open with 2400-2500k.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Cross-X said:
Pyramid12 said:
Cross-X said:

Hahaha gotta love the Jap . Whatever suits them man. I'm just glad that GT5 is doing well.

Like TBH, I really hoped that GT5 would reach 500pts before launch because I thought it wouldn't be possible but damn look at it drive past 550K with ease!

Anybody now how many pre-order points previous GT titles like GT4 were at before launch?

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
NYANKS said:

Okay, so the source just gave MH3P a chance to sell more first week than Pokemon Black and White!  According to his preview, he says 2 million to 2.5 million AT LEAST.  That's not too shabby.  With a little bit of luck it has a small chance at doing SLIGHTLY better and doing it! 

Just like with Pokemon, it depends on supply.  There was an initial retail report that Capcom would only have a first shipment of 1.2m, but that might've changed by now?

If Pokemon B/W had the supply available, it could've done even more upfront too.

What is with DKCR? are there any Numbers of Preorders for Japan?

SEGA, the Game is never over!

jarrod said:
Zlejedi said:
NYANKS said:

Just like with Pokemon, it depends on supply.  There was an initial retail report that Capcom would only have a first shipment of 1.2m, but that might've changed by now?

If Pokemon B/W had the supply available, it could've done even more upfront too.

Hopefully Capcom is not as conservative as Nintendo sometimes is.  I remember someone high up saying they are sort of expecting around 5 million, if that's the case I really hope they ship enough to do it.  It's not like they're gonna be on shelves for more than four minutes anyway! lol

NYANKS said:
jarrod said:
Zlejedi said:
NYANKS said:

Hopefully Capcom is not as conservative as Nintendo sometimes is.  I remember someone high up saying they are sort of expecting around 5 million, if that's the case I really hope they ship enough to do it.  It's not like they're gonna be on shelves for more than four minutes anyway! lol

It was the Famitsu boss who said he expected 5m.  For reference, he also expected 2m for MH3 and 5m for DQIX.

Capcom's expectations for the game through next March are 4m iirc.  And that's Japan only, there's no word on a western release at all (I wonder if it's happening at all at this point?).

AnthonyW86 said:
Cross-X said:
Pyramid12 said:
Cross-X said:

Anybody now how many pre-order points previous GT titles like GT4 were at before launch?

from gaf

6 days before release
Gran Turismo 4 - 811 points
Gran Turismo 5 - 546 points

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.