By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

ElGranCabeza said:
darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:
ElGranCabeza said:

This message is for Jarrod and this is the last I'll touch on this subject because saying MH3 underperformed is grounds for ban on this site. So I'll just say this, I still have not been able to access the site you gave, but assuming it's true, that is PR mumbo jumbo about the initial shipments of the title, if you're gonna use that to say MH3 did not underperform, you might as well say the PSP Go is not a bomba because SCE keeps saying it's selling within expectations or whatever bullshit they use. Me, being the smart guy that I am, will call out MH3. FFXIII, ToG, SW3, PSP Go, Move, and any other product that has not performed up to expectations, if DQX doesn't sell 3 million in Japan, you can bet I'll be saying the same thing about it. 

And that's all because I might even be banned for this post :(

lol.  But we have tracker figures that corroborate those MH3 shipments as selling through.  It's pretty much nothing at all like PSP Go, which still hasn't outsold it first tiny shipment (150k) in Japan over a year later.  Hell, scale alone puts them worlds apart (150k versus 1.15m)... and it's not like Capcom's ever shied away from letting the public know when a game didn't hit what they wanted (Bionic Commando, Dark Void, LP2, etc).  Even on Wii (Zack & Wiki, Spyborgs, RE DSC)... there's a historical relevance here, so you're saying MH3 the one special case for the company where they "cover up" for it? 

And if you can't access Capcom's IR site or PDFs... sorry, but you're incompetence isn't my problem.  Go download acrobat or something, "smart guy".

@ ElGranCabeza

Excellent work Darth Jarrod

Can't be owned by someone who doesn't know the difference between you're and your, sorry guy. You're probably a little upset because I'm not making outrageous predictions for your precious games (GT5, FFXIII)

Oh but you are....

You said GT5 would sell 5 Million LTD

That is an outrageous prediction.

And please your main argument towards Jarrod is his false use of grammar.

Nice try in trying to change the focus of the argument, it won't work against Jarrod though!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
saicho said:
NYANKS said:
saicho said:
NYANKS said:
Pavolink said:
NYANKS said:
Pavolink said:
morenoingrato said:

and we're back at no wii games (and will stay like this for long)

No more fun for Wii users :(

I hope Skyward Sword chart on COMG Japan thread next year. :/

.......that's DEFINITELY going to chart, lol. 

How much pts you think will chart?

Hmmm not sure.  Not really sure how big Zelda is in Japan.  Seeing how GT5 only has 400 at this point.....hmm....maybe 500?  I'm not sure what Zelda usually does in Japan, I'll check.

Edit:  It usually gets close to a million.  Not sure how that translates, can someone help out?

I don't think we have a console Zelda game gets close to 1 million for a long time.

Well Ocarina had over a million, and WW had 0.89.  That's pretty "close" to me.  We'll see I guess.

It's been 12 years since Ocarina was released and 8 years since WW. That's what I meant a long time.

That made little to no sense. It's like saying that it's been a long time since the last GT game sold 500k units and therefore GT5 will not reach 500k sold. It's not the amount of time that goes by, but rather the amount of games that got released in between. Zelda TP didn't get close to 1 million, that's true, but that's mainly because it was a launch title with no set userbase for it to sell. Also released for GC btw.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

23/10

01. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - 3192pt (69)
02. [PSP] God Eater Burst (Append Edition) - 510pt (17)
03. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 (First Print Version) - 407pt (2)
04. [PS3] Tales of Graces F - 201pt (3)
[PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - 148pt (10)
06. [NDS] Super Robot Wars L - 93pt (2)
07. [PSP] AKB 1/48: Idol to Koishitara (Limited Edition) - 89pt (4)
08. [PSP] Tactics Ogre: The Wheel of Fortune - 75pt (3)
09. [PS3] Final Fantasy Versus XIII - 75pt
10. [PSP] God Eater Burst (Limited Edition) - 70pt
11. [PSP] Shining Hearts - 60pt (8)
12. [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops - 49pt (2)
13. [PS3] Fallout: New Vegas - 42pt (2)
14. [NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - 37pt (3)
15. [PSP] Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday - 35pt (2)
16. [PS3] Dragon Ball Z: Raging Blast 2 - 32pt (2)
17. [PSP] Little Busters! (Converted Edition) - 32pt
18. [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity - 31pt
19. [PSP] Da Capo I & II - Plus Situation Portable (Limited Edition) - 31pt
20. [NDS] Solarobo: Project CODA - 31pt

PSP ---> 10
PS3 ---> 7
NDS ---> 3
Wii ---> 0
360 ---> 0

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

23/10?

Edit: WOW, at the same time!(10 sec i guess)

trestres said:

23/10

01. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - 3192pt (69)
02. [PSP] God Eater Burst (Append Edition) - 510pt (17)
03. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 (First Print Version) - 407pt (2)
04. [PS3] Tales of Graces F - 201pt (3)
[PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - 148pt (10)
06. [NDS] Super Robot Wars L - 93pt (2)
07. [PSP] AKB 1/48: Idol to Koishitara (Limited Edition) - 89pt (4)
08. [PSP] Tactics Ogre: The Wheel of Fortune - 75pt (3)
09. [PS3] Final Fantasy Versus XIII - 75pt
10. [PSP] God Eater Burst (Limited Edition) - 70pt
11. [PSP] Shining Hearts - 60pt (8)
12. [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops - 49pt (2)
13. [PS3] Fallout: New Vegas - 42pt (2)
14. [NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - 37pt (7)
15. [PSP] Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday - 35pt (2)
16. [PS3] Dragon Ball Z: Raging Blast 2 - 32pt (2)
17. [PSP] Little Busters! (Converted Edition) - 32pt
18. [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity - 31pt
19. [PSP] Da Capo I & II - Plus Situation Portable (Limited Edition) - 31pt
20. [NDS] Solarobo: Project CODA - 31pt

PSP ---> 10
PS3 ---> 7
NDS ---> 3
Wii ---> 0
360 ---> 0

Holy Crap, MHP3 is fluctuating wildly but it is almost always over 30.  Wow.  Also, did people expect this much from the God Eater rerelease?!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
ElGranCabeza said:
darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:
ElGranCabeza said:

This message is for Jarrod and this is the last I'll touch on this subject because saying MH3 underperformed is grounds for ban on this site. So I'll just say this, I still have not been able to access the site you gave, but assuming it's true, that is PR mumbo jumbo about the initial shipments of the title, if you're gonna use that to say MH3 did not underperform, you might as well say the PSP Go is not a bomba because SCE keeps saying it's selling within expectations or whatever bullshit they use. Me, being the smart guy that I am, will call out MH3. FFXIII, ToG, SW3, PSP Go, Move, and any other product that has not performed up to expectations, if DQX doesn't sell 3 million in Japan, you can bet I'll be saying the same thing about it. 

And that's all because I might even be banned for this post :(

lol.  But we have tracker figures that corroborate those MH3 shipments as selling through.  It's pretty much nothing at all like PSP Go, which still hasn't outsold it first tiny shipment (150k) in Japan over a year later.  Hell, scale alone puts them worlds apart (150k versus 1.15m)... and it's not like Capcom's ever shied away from letting the public know when a game didn't hit what they wanted (Bionic Commando, Dark Void, LP2, etc).  Even on Wii (Zack & Wiki, Spyborgs, RE DSC)... there's a historical relevance here, so you're saying MH3 the one special case for the company where they "cover up" for it? 

And if you can't access Capcom's IR site or PDFs... sorry, but you're incompetence isn't my problem.  Go download acrobat or something, "smart guy".

@ ElGranCabeza

Excellent work Darth Jarrod

Can't be owned by someone who doesn't know the difference between you're and your, sorry guy. You're probably a little upset because I'm not making outrageous predictions for your precious games (GT5, FFXIII)

Oh but you are....

You said GT5 would sell 5 Million LTD

That is an outrageous prediction.

And please your main argument towards Jarrod is his false use of grammar.

Nice try in trying to change the focus of the argument, it won't work against Jarrod though!

Seems he has a fan, that's cute.....read what I said again though, I never countered his "argument", just laughed at his epic spinning that's all. And please don't be upset because my opinion is different than yours, as you can see on the charts here, GT5 numbers are nothing to write home about. 

WOW @ Monster Hunter 0_0

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Now it's an absolute certainty that MH3P will out-point Black/White by the end of the month. I'm getting excited just thinking about what it could do on release.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

<table style="width: 90%;" border="0"> <tbody><tr> <td><strong>postofficebuddy said:</strong><br> <p>Now it's an absolute certainty that MH3P will out-point Black/White by the end of the month. I'm getting excited just thinking about what it could do on release.</p> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

What was tyhe combined total for the two Pokemons?  And the COMG record all time if you don't mind me asking....

NYANKS said:

What was tyhe combined total for the two Pokemons?  And the COMG record all time if you don't mind me asking....

3405. I don't know what the all time record is. I think DQ9 holds it.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4