By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

i come back from italy. and gt5 is doing bad! damn you sony! thats it im not buying the collectors edition anymore!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:

i come back from italy. and gt5 is doing bad! damn you sony! thats it im not buying the collectors edition anymore!

Who are you again?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
zgamer5 said:

Who are you again?

selnor in diguise trieng to hpe twisted metal.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

mY god...will GT5 even sell 7M WW?...I'm begining to have serious doubts..

ChrisIsNotSexy said:

Well...Don't speak like 7m is shit! Just few no Nintendo games can reach that mark being exclusives. I think GT5 can reach that number long term, it will be THE must have for PS3. Reaching 10m is probably not impossible too, but looking at preorders it looks like FW will be smaller than many have thought would be.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network

Just wait when the holidays kick in. Plus GT is the kind of game that legs out, so no worries for me :)

Buzzi said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:

Well...Don't speak like 7m is shit! Just few no Nintendo games can reach that mark being exclusives. I think GT5 can reach that number long term, it will be THE must have for PS3. Reaching 10m is probably not impossible too, but looking at preorders it looks like FW will be smaller than many have thought would be.

It is shit,when you look at the previous entries

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Buzzi said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:

It is shit,when you look at the previous entries

But then, isn't the PS3 the only Playstation console with less than 50m units sold? With a userbase that small it's obvious the games can't reach 10m, even if PS2 had piracy problems and PS3 hasn't.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Userbase most effects the biggest selling titles.  Look and Mario & Zelda going from GC to Wii for a counter good example... with PS3 in it's current state, there's pretty much no way the usual leading PlayStation franchises (GT, FF, GTA, etc) were going to reach the same high points they did on PS1 or PS2.

Mid and low level IPs are hurt much, much less by a reduced userbase.  It's the top stuff that rises and falls most with overall audience.

GT5 better do more than 7 Million.

Its just better

And with GT5 Prologue SHIPPING 5 Million I think its silly to think the main game would only do 2 million more.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey