By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Shouldn't DQ X be charting for wii u. That's not good.

Around the Network
Olivernintentoal said:
BaldrSkies said:
Olivernintentoal said:
So are there even any wii u games releasing soon in Japan?

Mar 20: Need for Speed Most Wanted

Mar 27: Game & Wario

Mar 30: Dragon Quest X Online HD

That's all that's set for the next 3 months. Like literally, the next game that has a set release date is Resident Evil Revelations on May 23.

Wow. Well that's not good. Those 3 games (except for possibly DQX) are not going to sell very well at all in Japan. I thought there might at least be some Japanese-developed games or something.

I think they are holding the announcements, Nintendo is probably the most conservative of the 3, and they've launched first this time. They may be waiting for a good timing, or considering a pricecut.

shakarak said:
Shouldn't DQ X be charting for wii u. That's not good.

I just don't think there's a huge number of people who want to pay 6-7k yen to upgrade from the Wii version. When preorders opened on Amazon it started at like #2 or 3 for a day but is now down to #64.

To be fair COMG does split regular and special/bundle editions for games on the chart. There is a Wii U hardware bundle with DQX coming, so that might hurt charting a bit like with some other games. There's also the digital option I believe.

benao87 said:
Olivernintentoal said:
BaldrSkies said:
Olivernintentoal said:

That's all that's set for the next 3 months. Like literally, the next game that has a set release date is Resident Evil Revelations on May 23.

Wow. Well that's not good. Those 3 games (except for possibly DQX) are not going to sell very well at all in Japan. I thought there might at least be some Japanese-developed games or something.

I think they are holding the announcements, Nintendo is probably the most conservative of the 3, and they've launched first this time. They may be waiting for a good timing, or considering a pricecut.

Yeah I would definitely say wait for E3 and half-expect a blitz. Nintendo needs something to counter the PS4 and Xbox720 presentations, and a huge, bigger than expected game announcement could just be their hidden card. Too bad that also means current Wii U owners are starved until after June...

BaldrSkies said:

Yeah I would definitely say wait for E3 and half-expect a blitz. Nintendo needs something to counter the PS4 and Xbox720 presentations, and a huge, bigger than expected game announcement could just be their hidden card. Too bad that also means current Wii U owners are starved until after June...

Well, one things are announcements, and another is releases. I reckon they may start announcing stuff as soon as the new FY starts, we can't forget that they are companies, and like any other they want their numbers to look good. And then, start a full push after E3, as you suggested. But important games will probably arrive after summer.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Sorry guys.

It's my birthday today so I was busy with stuff.

And I had an exam today lol

Happy bday!

BaldrSkies said:
benao87 said:
Olivernintentoal said:
BaldrSkies said:
Olivernintentoal said:

Its not a big deal, they'll just bring some Mario kart and Mario 3D land to make people wait for a real ambitious mario 3D(thats what they announced at the nintendo direct : a mario kart later this year), like the 3DS.

And it will work, unfortunately.

Thats why they'll always do the same thing, no matter what the first buyers will think, a bad first year with some mario at the end of the year because they know people just need 2-3 mario to buy their platform.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

Its not a big deal, they'll just bring some Mario kart and Mario 3D land to make people wait for a real ambitious mario 3D(thats what they announced at the nintendo direct : a mario kart later this year), like the 3DS.

If you think that 3D Land was not "a real ambitious Mario 3D," you are sorely mistaken. It was made by the same team as the Galaxy games -- two of the highest-rated video games of all time. The very same team who is working on the 3D Mario game currently in development for Wii U, which will be playable at E3.

Seriously, if you are dismissing this game in any way, shape, or form, you are making a huge mistake.

Happy Birthday B-Tro! Thanks for the chart update!

Aerys said:

Woah dude careful there.

SM3DL is one of the best 3D platformers out there.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I had this game, im not saying its not good ( but its too much inspired of galaxy, without reach the same level ), it wasnt really my best 3DS game, what im saying is " mario 3D land is far to be as ambitious as a real Mario 3D like Galaxy(even if its not the best for me)/sunshine and i hope we'll get a Mario 3D like sunshine, not again a Mario 3D land...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m