By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Silent Hills Shattered memories a good start or not?

It had a massive drop post-holiday, and it will soon be in the 1-2k/weekly region in the US... it had a good start IMO, but it seems that it was all just holiday boost... lets hope for the best, mainly because its the first SH game that is actually good ( at least judging by reviews, myself still havent played it ) since SH2...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
jarrod said:
NPD numbers...

Dec 2009

Silent Hill SM < 50k

ltds through Jan 2009

Silent Hill Homecoming - 73k (360), 84k (PS3)
Silent Hill Origins: 80k (PS2), 154k (PSP)

...I think SM will crawl to be the best selling game total, both single SKU (Wii) and multiplatform (PSP+PS2 versions soon).

Where did you get these from?

random NPD leaks.  They're all elsewhere on the forum if you look.

jarrod said:
SaviorX said:
jarrod said:
NPD numbers...

Dec 2009

Silent Hill SM < 50k

ltds through Jan 2009

Silent Hill Homecoming - 73k (360), 84k (PS3)
Silent Hill Origins: 80k (PS2), 154k (PSP)

...I think SM will crawl to be the best selling game total, both single SKU (Wii) and multiplatform (PSP+PS2 versions soon).

Where did you get these from?

random NPD leaks.  They're all elsewhere on the forum if you look.

Hmmm.... that is ROUGHLY about half of what VGChartz's total said, but it's not TOO terrible.  It isn't huge, true, but at least it wasn't a total bomb like, say, Dead Space Extraction.  This game clearly sold more than that.  Could it do better?  Sure.  But this isn't that bad.

Considering the game had 0 advertising and Komani seems to WANT this game to fail, I'd say yes, 100k opening is pretty respectable.