By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Silent Hills Shattered memories a good start or not?

Are Silent Hill Shattered Memories sales underwhelming?  They are a little over 100K at the moment.  

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network

I think you mkeant opening month?

It's done good compared to Homecoming, poorly for a Silent Hill game.

100 000 is good homecoming 360 is 200 000 in the world, silent hill have other, japon and month of sales possible.

Homecoming is at 500k+ WW at the moment just for comparison, albeit probably had a bigger budget. I've not played it though so I've no idea if Konami will have ended up investing tons in it - it seemed to have no adertising whatsoever here, just like Shattered Memories lol.

I doubt Shattered Memories will outsell either version of Homecoming tbh actually... which is pretty poor 0_o.

Around the Network

Well, it is off to a better start in NA than the PS3 version of Homecoming. We have to see what the Others sales look like before coming to a decision really.

I'm not sure how much they expected out of it, but I personally don't think it could've been much more than 300k.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I think it will outsell homecoming 360...

If this game had a decent marketing to let people know it, it would do better....

This is an awesome game, and truly a survival horror, not shooter-esque like RE4 and RE5.
I recommend it to everyone...

NPD numbers...

Dec 2009

Silent Hill SM
ltds through Jan 2009

Silent Hill Homecoming - 73k (360), 84k (PS3)
Silent Hill Origins: 80k (PS2), 154k (PSP)

...I think SM will crawl to be the best selling game total, both single SKU (Wii) and multiplatform (PSP+PS2 versions soon).

jarrod said:
NPD numbers...

Dec 2009

Silent Hill SM < 50k

ltds through Jan 2009

Silent Hill Homecoming - 73k (360), 84k (PS3)
Silent Hill Origins: 80k (PS2), 154k (PSP)

...I think SM will crawl to be the best selling game total, both single SKU (Wii) and multiplatform (PSP+PS2 versions soon).

Where did you get these from?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."