By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who's still getting FInal Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360?

Torillian said:
LordMatrix said:
iorijay said:
It's no surprising i will also buy the PS3 version, PS3 is the JRPG Kingdoms now..

LOL PS3 is finally gettign some JRPG games and suddenly it is JRPG king? Thanks for the laugh friend. On a serious note you are forgetting that X360 still continue`s to get it`s fair share of JRPG titles and some that are not on PS3.

what?  I don't keep perfect track of all jRPGs but I'm pretty well informed and I don't recall any jRPGs that are exclusive to 360 yet to come out.

Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Spectral Force 3, Magna Carta 2, The Last Remnant(PS3 Version was Cancelled), Tales of Vesperia(Exclusive outside of Japan). Feel+ is working on another X360 JRPG as we speak and I guarantee ya the Mistwalker game is an X360 title. There are exclusive JRPG titles on both sides. To say PS3 is suddenly beating the X360 on total number of JRPG games is silly.

Oh and Brennan you are wrong also. If we going to include Demon Souls then we might as well talk RPG games in general. Demon Souls is about as much a JRPG as Sudeki is a WRPG. Might as wellstart including Two Worlds, Oblivion and Dragon Age in the mix. Demon Souls is nothing more than a WRPG style RPG made by a Japanese developer. I bet if you went to a store and asked a bunch of gamers if Demon Souls was a Western Style RPG or a Japanese Style RPG you`d end up not liking the of the majority responses. BTW I have played Demon Souls and it plays nothing like a JRPG game.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
LordMatrix said:
Torillian said:
LordMatrix said:
iorijay said:
It's no surprising i will also buy the PS3 version, PS3 is the JRPG Kingdoms now..

LOL PS3 is finally gettign some JRPG games and suddenly it is JRPG king? Thanks for the laugh friend. On a serious note you are forgetting that X360 still continue`s to get it`s fair share of JRPG titles and some that are not on PS3.

what?  I don't keep perfect track of all jRPGs but I'm pretty well informed and I don't recall any jRPGs that are exclusive to 360 yet to come out.

Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Spectral Force 3, Magna Carta 2, The Last Remnant(PS3 Version was Cancelled), Tales of Vesperia(Exclusive outside of Japan). Feel+ is working on another X360 JRPG as we speak and I guarantee ya the Mistwalker game is an X360 title. There are exclusive JRPG titles on both sides. To say PS3 is suddenly beating the X360 on total number of JRPG games is silly.

Oh and Brennan you are wrong also. If we going to include Demon Souls then we might as well talk RPG games in general. Demon Souls is about as much a JRPG as Sudeki is a WRPG. Might as wellstart including Two Worlds, Oblivion and Dragon Age in the mix. Demon Souls is nothing more than a WRPG style RPG made by a Japanese developer. I bet if you went to a store and asked a bunch of gamers if Demon Souls was a Western Style RPG or a Japanese Style RPG you`d end up not liking the of the majority responses. BTW I have played Demon Souls and it plays nothing like a JRPG game.

I don't comment on anything being the jRPG king.  I'm simply questioning the idea that X360 "continues to get it's fair share of jRPG titles and some that are not on PS3"  You mentioned games that released but I don't care about that, I only care about the two possible future titles you mention.  Are there any other confirmed jRPG exclusives on the 360 that are coming?  Your two are good, and that could possibly be seen as "it's fair share" but I'm curious if there are others.

Torillian said:
LordMatrix said:
Torillian said:
LordMatrix said:
iorijay said:

I don't comment on anything being the jRPG king.  I'm simply questioning the idea that X360 "continues to get it's fair share of jRPG titles and some that are not on PS3"  You mentioned games that released but I don't care about that, I only care about the two possible future titles you mention.  Are there any other confirmed jRPG exclusives on the 360 that are coming?  Your two are good, and that could possibly be seen as "it's fair share" but I'm curious if there are others.

I`m looking at the big picture and not just upcoming releases. Your right that PS3 has a good number coming this year. X360 had its time in the spotlight with it`s timed exclusive`s and exclusive JRPG games released in the last couple years. It`s to be expected that the PS3 gets some as well. The biggest deifference is many of thes PS3 exclusive JRPG titles are much more niche than the majority of the X360 ones. PS3 is strong when it comes to SRPG games and considering all but one of it`s exclusive JRPG titles are all in that genre it comes to no surprise. X360 owners will get a retail release of Record of Agarest Wars this year and hopefully the NA version of Cross Edge DASH as well. I think it is roughly even across the board.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Icyedge said:
cloofoofoo said:
Icyedge said:
I find it somewhat strange that a lot of persons with both console will get it on Xbox. We already know about cutscene being higher res, better sound and that you have no disc to swap. Its no big deal by itself I agree but theres also another big thing.

When it comes to JRPG the most important thing on the controller is actually the D-Pad. You can navigate through menu, equip stuff, level up your character, select action, purchase item a lot faster than when using the analogue or the broken D-Pad to navigate those menu.

I respect the fact that someone would prefer being online on the console where his friends are also online. But I have a hard time understanding how achievements could be better than the advantages I mention, still I respect it anyway. Sincerely though, If its not for either of those reason that your purchasing on Xbox than I think you should reconsider whats more important between gaming and a trademark.

Maybe some people are just like me.plain curious how it turned out on the x360.That pretty much the reason Iam getting for xbox.And in all honesty dont give the dpad line If I remember right alot of ps2 rpg made use the analog stick no?Anyways alot of rpgs on the xbox 360 shown controls are not an issue.And knowing the xbox, it will probably look identical to the ps3 version with the exception of inferior lighting and better MSAA.

I was talking the use of the d-pad in in games menu, not for controlling the character. All RPGS allow to use either of them but the d-pad is a lot faster. To control the character its the other way around, analogue works better.

What the? Seriously what do you think of the xbox 360 dpad?That its too crippled to go through menus or something?I can assure that isnt that case.Even then Id still prefer the analog though.When it comes to menus and stuff that doesnt require urgency the x360 is just as good as any.But for other things not so much.

Natal and Sony's flashing Ice cream cone

.cloofoofoo said:
Icyedge said:
cloofoofoo said:
Icyedge said:
I find it somewhat strange that a lot of persons with both console will get it on Xbox. We already know about cutscene being higher res, better sound and that you have no disc to swap. Its no big deal by itself I agree but theres also another big thing.

When it comes to JRPG the most important thing on the controller is actually the D-Pad. You can navigate through menu, equip stuff, level up your character, select action, purchase item a lot faster than when using the analogue or the broken D-Pad to navigate those menu.

I respect the fact that someone would prefer being online on the console where his friends are also online. But I have a hard time understanding how achievements could be better than the advantages I mention, still I respect it anyway. Sincerely though, If its not for either of those reason that your purchasing on Xbox than I think you should reconsider whats more important between gaming and a trademark.

Maybe some people are just like me.plain curious how it turned out on the x360.That pretty much the reason Iam getting for xbox.And in all honesty dont give the dpad line If I remember right alot of ps2 rpg made use the analog stick no?Anyways alot of rpgs on the xbox 360 shown controls are not an issue.And knowing the xbox, it will probably look identical to the ps3 version with the exception of inferior lighting and better MSAA.

I was talking the use of the d-pad in in games menu, not for controlling the character. All RPGS allow to use either of them but the d-pad is a lot faster. To control the character its the other way around, analogue works better.

What the? Seriously what do you think of the xbox 360 dpad?That its too crippled to go through menus or something?I can assure that isnt that case.Even then Id still prefer the analog though.When it comes to menus and stuff that doesnt require urgency the x360 is just as good as any.But for other things not so much.

Damn yes it is crippled. I find myself using only the analogue stick when playing an RPG on xbox (and between and played them all) because it is working better than the d-pad.

Around the Network

What is wrong with you people just buy the game and have fun. Stop trying to battle over which is better. Have fun aint that the point.

I haven't had any issues whatsoever with the 360 D-Pad when scrolling through menus in turn-based jrpgs. I did have an issue with accidentally selecting the wrong arte in Tales of Vesperia or the wrong AI tactics in Infinite Undiscovery though due to the D-Pad (these are real-time jrpgs and this wasn't a menu-based input but something you do in real-time) but this same issue pops up in Gears of War and every other action game that requires D-Pad issue. It's not a big deal. The D-Pad issue is more of a problem for shooter than turn-based jrpgs (where it's not a problem at all). By a long shot. Switching weapons can be a bitch on that thing. And yet the FPS games are heavily bought on the 360. Clearly, gamers don't find the D-Pad to be a big issue. Except for fighting games and some 2D games but that's another issue for another day. I have ZERO complaints with the analog or D-Pad when it comes to turn-based jrpgs like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Enchanted Arms.

loves2splooge said:

I haven't had any issues whatsoever with the 360 D-Pad when scrolling through menus in turn-based jrpgs. I did have an issue with accidentally selecting the wrong arte in Tales of Vesperia or the wrong AI tactics in Infinite Undiscovery though due to the D-Pad (these are real-time jrpgs and this wasn't a menu-based input but something you do in real-time) but this same issue pops up in Gears of War and every other action game that requires D-Pad issue. It's not a big deal. The D-Pad issue is more of a problem for shooter than turn-based jrpgs (where it's not a problem at all). By a long shot. Switching weapons can be a bitch on that thing. And yet the FPS games are heavily bought on the 360. Clearly, gamers don't find the D-Pad to be a big issue. Except for fighting games and some 2D games but that's another issue for another day. I have ZERO complaints with the analog or D-Pad when it comes to turn-based jrpgs like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Enchanted Arms.

Well now you have one, but still I wasnt saying that it is the worst thing on earth. My point was that its a very good reason to purchase it on PS3 instead. Anyway if you have both console and prefer to play with the 360 controller, do as you please.

It's a minor reason at best. If you can't use the 360 dpad then maybe it's poorly placed on the controller for your hands and you'd be better of with a PS3 pad. I can't see how you are having so much trouble with it.

Great

User was warned for necro-bumping ~ CGI-Quality