By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who's still getting FInal Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360?

Kennyheart said:
I would get it on the 360 to build the the libary but the 360 version has manditory install and the ps3 doesen't so ... yeah.

Huh?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Nightwish224 said:
Kennyheart said:
I would get it on the 360 to build the the libary but the 360 version has manditory install and the ps3 doesen't so ... yeah.

I never understood what the big deal was with mandatory installs? Not a problem. I install every game to my 360 that I frequently play. Faster loading times for sure.

I just when I buy a game I don't like waiting.When I bought bioshpock for the 360 it took an hour and I don't want to wait that long to play 13 when i buy it.

Kennyheart said:
Nightwish224 said:
Kennyheart said:

I never understood what the big deal was with mandatory installs? Not a problem. I install every game to my 360 that I frequently play. Faster loading times for sure.

I just when I buy a game I don't like waiting.When I bought bioshpock for the 360 it took an hour and I don't want to wait that long to play 13 when i buy it.

I've never had a game on 360 take an hour to install. Never. Also, I don't think the 360 has ever had a mandatory install for a game, unlike PS3. Not that it's a bad thing either way. Prove me wrong if I'm incorrect on that.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Kennyheart said:

I never heard of mandatory install on 360. You can install it on the hard drive if you want but that's not mandatory.

I think he is being sarcastic. Saying he doesn't want to wait for the mandatory install on the PS3

Around the Network
Nightwish224 said:
Kennyheart said:
Nightwish224 said:
Kennyheart said:

I've never had a game on 360 take an hour to install. Never. Also, I don't think the 360 has ever had a mandatory install for a game, unlike PS3. Not that it's a bad thing either way. Prove me wrong if I'm incorrect on that.

http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-HDD/final-fantasy-xiii-to-have-no-ps3-hdd-installation-required/

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/10/22/no-install-for-final-fantasy-xiii-on-ps3/

sorry it looks like it's not manditory sorry.

dsister44 said:
I think he is being sarcastic. Saying he doesn't want to wait for the mandatory install on the PS3

PS3 FFXIII has no install.

Also about the 1 hour install thing. No 360 game has ever taken more than 8-11 minutes to install.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I'm getting it for the PS3 because I have one and It just feels right to me. But if I didn't have one, I would absolutely get it for the 360. Why wouldn't I? It'll be exactly the same game, maybe the textures will be lower like Dragon Age (Then again, maybe not) if you are a 360 only owner there is NO REASON not to get it. What's wrong with people?

Steroid said:
You don't have a PS3 so it's no surprise you're getting the 360 version. I have both, so it's no surprise I'm getting the PS3 version.

I have both and Iam getting for the xbox 360....To be honest its more of being curious how it turned on that platform,thats why Iam getting it.Hopefully its entertaining at least.For me after the initial joy of getting a ps3 died down well lets just say the poor thing turned to a dvd/blueray player for my daughter(whoo mickey mouse club house).

Natal and Sony's flashing Ice cream cone

Ps3 of course kid! Is not even a question? 360 yeah?.........NO