By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Haitians suffer because they made a deal with the devil

Christian leader Pat Roberstson knows the real reason why Haiti is suffering from the recent earthquake.

"The Haitians were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III and whatever.  And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you will get us free from the French.' True story. And so, the devil said, 'OK, it's a deal.' You know, the Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/index.html?iref=allsearch

Around the Network

Pat Roberts is such a dumb ass Napoleon III wasn't even in power when the Haitian Revolution took place.

Ah a Christian using the Devil for an excuse.
They crack me up.

I wouldn't call Pat Robertson a Christian leader...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

He is like 100 years old.
I don't think he knows what he is talking about.

Around the Network

Why didn't they just make a deal with God?

d21lewis said:
Why didn't they just make a deal with God?

God? Yeah right. That guy expects you to beg him for the privilige of taking your soul.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

And they're serving the devil by making their ground shake?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

mrstickball said:
I wouldn't call Pat Robertson a Christian leader...

Indeed. The guy is a loon. Not representative of Christians.

Check out my band, (the) Fracture Suit!!

http://www.myspace.com/fracturesuit

Have you been enslaved?

Well fundamentalists never cease to surprise me. Just like the ones who go and protest soldier's funerals or the ones that say god drove the planes into the towers in New York. Just disturbing and complete lunacy. I'd agree with stickball on this one. The only thing this guy leads is the nuthouse.