By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Haitians suffer because they made a deal with the devil

Great another Christian saying stupid shit that makes all Christians look bad.

Just so you know we don't all believe this load of hooey.

Around the Network

Maybe he's right? Anyone consider that?

Why would anyone be surprised Pat Robertson would say this? I'd like to believe he's getting senile, but he's been making ridiculous statements like this forever. He's just an idiot.

A big fuck you to Pat Robertson and a big fuck you too to anyone that likes him I have relatives in Haiti my ancestors fought against the French.... fuck Abc Family fuck TBN and fuck any other networks that run his show.

Well, he doesn't speak for everyone and its terriable the situation they are going through.  Things happen beyond our control. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Around the Network
Craan said:
A big fuck you to Pat Robertson and a big fuck you too to anyone that likes him I have relatives in Haiti my ancestors fought against the French.... fuck Abc Family fuck TBN and fuck any other networks that run his show.

Dang...you okay....anyways wanted to say you're vid pic his funny...lol

Lord Flashheart said:

I will consider it around the time that I consider my house might be made of solidified cheese held together by eggs.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Lord Flashheart said:

I will consider it around the time that I consider my house might be made of solidified cheese held together by eggs.

lol...the whole comment he made is so absurd...

Lord Flashheart said:

He may be right in some ways, but overall, he has a horrible way of expressing it.

I don't believe an entire nation can be cursed because a generation of people supposedly made a pact with Satan. I don't disagree that people can 'sell their soul' to Satan. I know I made a deal with God once, and I'm still living by it, but I don't think that making such a deal can condemn people for a long time, and as such, the people of Haiti could always follow Jesus and be free from any sort of issue. Furthermore, Haiti is 16% protestant and 80% Catholic. Unless Pat is senile (and he may be), he should know that for the most part, Hatians have some sort of faith in the same God that Pat does.

Now, having said that, here is my personal belief about Haiti, pacts with the devil, and sin in general:

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 10 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

That goes directly against what Pat is saying in so many ways. Haiti isn't under a curse because of a few bad people hundreds of years ago.

The problem with Haiti is the problem with many nations around the world. sin.

Sin causes people to do a lot of stupid, selfish things that have major ramifications. When you look at the sin people partake of, it has after effects that can damage children, grand children, and great grandchildren. For example, if you have an abusive, alcoholic father that beats his children, there is a scientifically higher chance that the child will develop bad characteristics (abuse, depression, violence, ect) due to the sin of that parent.

Haiti is a country that is steeped in a lot of problems, but they always come down to actions of selfish, bad people. Not just Hatians, but those on the outside trying to use them as their little playground (e.g. Americans or others trying to control the country as a proxy for greed and other such bad things).

Haiti has been in a cycle of violence for decades. Unfortunately, the people of the country - leaders and followers - live by the sword. We've all seen the pictures of skinny men wielding AK-47s and life vests, with retro 1980's haircuts. Sadly, its stuff like that which causes desolation and poverty. Like the Bible says 'those who live by the sword, die by the sword'. Violent men and nations never, ever have economic prosperity.

You can also see a lot of problems with the government of Haiti through their economic and human rights scores. The Heritage Foundation ranks Haiti at 147 of 179 countries for economic freedom, and at a similar level for UN human rights index. Such things like that correlate, I think, with a country that is steeped in corruption. 

So have they made a pact with Satan? Not in the litteral sense, but I think that theres the possibility that they've allied with him through violence, corruption, and greed. When such things happen, there are always inadvertant consequences - such as poor quality of housing, which can be effected by such things as this earthquake. Hopefully though, good can come from this tragedy, and Haiti can rebuild with less violence, hatred and corruption.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Lord Flashheart said:

He may be right in some ways, but overall, he has a horrible way of expressing it.

I don't believe an entire nation can be cursed because a generation of people supposedly made a pact with Satan. I don't disagree that people can 'sell their soul' to Satan. I know I made a deal with God once, and I'm still living by it, but I don't think that making such a deal can condemn people for a long time, and as such, the people of Haiti could always follow Jesus and be free from any sort of issue. Furthermore, Haiti is 16% protestant and 80% Catholic. Unless Pat is senile (and he may be), he should know that for the most part, Hatians have some sort of faith in the same God that Pat does.

Now, having said that, here is my personal belief about Haiti, pacts with the devil, and sin in general:

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 10 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

That goes directly against what Pat is saying in so many ways. Haiti isn't under a curse because of a few bad people hundreds of years ago.

The problem with Haiti is the problem with many nations around the world. sin.

Sin causes people to do a lot of stupid, selfish things that have major ramifications. When you look at the sin people partake of, it has after effects that can damage children, grand children, and great grandchildren. For example, if you have an abusive, alcoholic father that beats his children, there is a scientifically higher chance that the child will develop bad characteristics (abuse, depression, violence, ect) due to the sin of that parent.

Haiti is a country that is steeped in a lot of problems, but they always come down to actions of selfish, bad people. Not just Hatians, but those on the outside trying to use them as their little playground (e.g. Americans or others trying to control the country as a proxy for greed and other such bad things).

Haiti has been in a cycle of violence for decades. Unfortunately, the people of the country - leaders and followers - live by the sword. We've all seen the pictures of skinny men wielding AK-47s and life vests, with retro 1980's haircuts. Sadly, its stuff like that which causes desolation and poverty. Like the Bible says 'those who live by the sword, die by the sword'. Violent men and nations never, ever have economic prosperity.

You can also see a lot of problems with the government of Haiti through their economic and human rights scores. The Heritage Foundation ranks Haiti at 147 of 179 countries for economic freedom, and at a similar level for UN human rights index. Such things like that correlate, I think, with a country that is steeped in corruption. 

So have they made a pact with Satan? Not in the litteral sense, but I think that theres the possibility that they've allied with him through violence, corruption, and greed. When such things happen, there are always inadvertant consequences - such as poor quality of housing, which can be effected by such things as this earthquake. Hopefully though, good can come from this tragedy, and Haiti can rebuild with less violence, hatred and corruption.

everything doesn't have to be so deep...