By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sign here to show your sympathy after the Finnish school massacre.

In case you haven't heard yet; school murders have come to Scandinavia, and I wish to commemorate my Nordic brothers and sisters who were savagely murdered in Tuusula, Finland last night. It's spreading, this trend of school shootings, and I don't like it one bit!

PS: Certain people have already tried to blame music for the tragedy... Expect to hear negative comments on PC/console games as well shortly... 

Around the Network

Seems that this form of tragedy has become more and more frequent in the last few years. I really wish things like this never happened.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

I heard about it, it is sad.

Euhm the title of your thread says I can sign something..Euhm where can I?

This is very sad. Hopefully the government will encourage teachers to carry guns in the schools and this problem may be prevented in the future.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Yep. That really sucks. One place where anyone should always feel safe is at a school.

Around the Network

That happens primarily because of bullying. It really sucks, but I'm pretty sure some of the victims where the cause of this happening.

And the guy said to "not blame movies, not blame games, not blame books about this. That was an original idea of his own mind"

This is indeed a huge shock for us, especially since the last school shooting in Finland was in 1989, and even then "only" two people died. There was a pretty big bomb in a shopping mall a few years back, but generally we have very little incidents like this.

Please don't try to use this to promote your political agendas. Guns in schools is just about the worst idea ever, especially in a country like Finland where only the police and some security guards ever carry them in public.

My condolences to the victims. Hadn't heard about it the news is far too negative for my tastes these days. All they seem to do is tell you things too make you upset, scared, or cause you to feel impotent.

I would say this on the subject of school shootings. They are all about human interaction, and societal expectations. The best solution is to value other people, and be supporting and nurturing. I guarantee if all the school shooters got the attention they deserved, and were helped to deal with their problems we would not have had any shootings. Instead neglect is the far easier coarse, but the signs really are there. Ignoring a problem does not solve a problem. In the end it just makes it worse, and occasionally those with problems will take the darkest path.

I think the character Yoda said it best. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. I guarantee if as a global society we just accepted this truth. We would do so much more to alleviate fear in others, and not cause fear in the first place. Instead we wallow in so much fear it is sickening some of us so much that we become damn near evil.

When someone goes out and kills innocent people its just as much our fault as it is the shooters. Unfortunately we are going to probably play the blame game ignoring the fact that we have always had these exact same problems. The expression was different is all. The same people that go out school shooting now, are the same people that would be pillaging villages a thousand years ago.

This brings to mind a story I heard about a young Scandinavian boy that after arguing with his playmates. Deciding to go home grab a ax, and come back and kill one of them. Instead of alarm or rage the mother just said he would make a great Viking. The moral of the story is we used to have uses for these kind of people, and now we do not. I am sure someone is going to recount the tail in the coming days.

From what i've read the guy was bullied at school and just had broke up with his girlfriend.
He shot the schools principle, a single mother, who had 3yo kid and 5 guys, apparently at random. The police also thinks, that he was planning to kill more people (had a shitload of bullets with him), but somehow he didn't. He also tried to burn down the school of Jokela, but didn't manage to light it. Finally he shot himself in the head and died hours later in the hospital.
I really do feel sad for what happened. Why do nutcases like him exist.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I'm sad to hear that. My sympathy is with the family's of the victims.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music