By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Im light of recent events which console will you buy FFXIII?

Im light of recent events which console will you buy FFXIII?

ps3 102 71.33%

Xbox 360 17 11.89%

I don't want it anymore 21 14.69%

I will wait for an international version. 3 2.10%

Total:143
CommonMan said:
Link to where it says "The deleted content is because of the xbox 360 version" please.

No one knows for sure thats just a general consensus as it makes a lot of sense. Everyones worried about it. Not claiming to have a crystal ball, but a lot of people seem to think the same. Just here for opinions and educated guesses.

Also i didn't say it was news exactly I said news/rumor.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
soulsamurai said:
CommonMan said:
Link to where it says "The deleted content is because of the xbox 360 version" please.

No one knows for sure thats just a general consensus as it makes a lot of sense. Everyones worried about it. Not claiming to have a crystal ball, but a lot of people seem to think the same. Just here for opinions and educated guesses.

Saying it is recent sounds like there is a source you can pin point this news/rumor to.  Theres been mumbling about the PS3 version being gimped due to 360 development for a long time

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Hawk said:
soulsamurai said:
CommonMan said:

Saying it is recent sounds like there is a source you can pin point this news/rumor to.  Theres been mumbling about the PS3 version being gimped due to 360 development for a long time

The only source we have is that page on kotaku and from vgchartz. Once again. It's a rumor, I'm just wanting peoples opinions on the matter and if it's true how they think it's going to effect sales.

Isnt the game getting critically panned? I really don't care, due mainly to not liking JRPGs.

My answer hasn't changed since the last thread. I will not be buying it at launch, and if I even do buy it down the road it will be for 360 since that's what I've got.

Around the Network
soulsamurai said:
Hawk said:
soulsamurai said:
CommonMan said:

The only source we have is that page on kotaku and from vgchartz. Once again. It's a rumor, I'm just wanting peoples opinions on the matter and if it's true how they think it's going to effect sales.

I don't see where it mentioned content being cut due to the 360, or even the PS3 or 360 being mentioned at all.

I think the reason they removed so much was to shove more details into a smaller world and limit the need for (and possibility of) grinding and really has nothing to do with the technical implications of going multiplatform.
I will say this however; what a waste of money making so much content that didn't make it in, editing is fine but this is way overboard to me.

I will just post a portion of my (rant) from the "so called" article/rumor on what I think the reasoning behind the cut content reflected below:

"Extra content was considered too linear or polluted the storyline and removal was the best alternative to dragging out boring and/or unneeded side content."

This happens in games, movies, ect....all the time. In fans eyes, however, it translates into something negative (for some crazy reason).

OT: I do not know what version I will be picking up. I went with 360 in the vote because it is my preferred console (and it goes against the grain here), however, I will most likely wait to see how it runs on both systems before I make my choice.

My PS3 library is substantially smaller than my 360 one, so I may just go with PS3 to increase my game total on my PS3.

Hawk said:
soulsamurai said:
Hawk said:
soulsamurai said:
CommonMan said:

I don't see where it mentioned content being cut due to the 360, or even the PS3 or 360 being mentioned at all.

Question, why are you taking this out on me? Just read the news section comments, it's general rumor that 360 is the reason. It's been a general fear that stuff might be cut due to 360 for the obvious disc space reason and this somewhat points to it. Once again, I'm asking

What do you beleive is the case is and the reason it was cut?

Will this affect sales for 360 version if the content cut is actually due to the 360?

I really don't like repeating myself. I don't know the true answer, no one else does either at this moment in time, it's just a general beleif. I'm wanting everyones opinions and to see if this will effect sales at all, I havn't even said my own opinion on the matter and you're talking to me like I'm the one who initially started the rumor.

EDIT:   The truth hurts response is perfect. That's what i was expecting from this thread. He listed what he thought it was and some other questions.

soulsamurai said:

Question, why are you taking this out on me? Just read the news section comments, it's general rumor that 360 is the reason. It's been a general fear that stuff might be cut due to 360 for the obvious disc space reason and this somewhat points to it. Once again, I'm asking

What do you beleive is the case is and the reason it was cut?

Will this affect sales for 360 version if the content cut is actually due to the 360?

I really don't like repeating myself. I don't know the true answer, no one else does either at this moment in time, it's just a general beleif. I'm wanting everyones opinions and to see if this will effect sales at all, I havn't even said my own opinion on the matter and you're talking to me like I'm the one who initially started the rumor.

EDIT:   The truth hurts response is perfect. That's what i was expecting from this thread. He listed what he thought it was and some other questions.

I'm not taking this out on you.  Just trying to promote some critical thinking.  You said you were pissed at the news/rumor.  There are many reasons to cut content.  I'm sure Duke Nukem Forever has enough cut content to make 10 games.  But you are saying you are pissed over one possible reason you assume it to be, which I personally don't think makes sense, and promoting FUD.