By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Im light of recent events which console will you buy FFXIII?

Im light of recent events which console will you buy FFXIII?

ps3 102 71.33%

Xbox 360 17 11.89%

I don't want it anymore 21 14.69%

I will wait for an international version. 3 2.10%

Total:143

We all had a feeling FFXIII would sell more on ps3. A lot of people are angry at the recent news/rumor about a ton load of content being removed by from both versions for the 360's sake. Personally if this is true, then I'm one of the people pissed. Relevant to the story or not side quests are a huge reason i get these games. I enjoy them and they add a lot of hours to gameplay.

I wish i could make mutliple polls but i have a few other questions.

1.) How much do you think it will sell on each console with this news now?

2.) Do you think this is actual news or rumor?

3.) If you don't own an HD console but you planned on getting this game with one does this skew your choice of console.

That top question is suppose to say "I'll wait for an international version"

EDIT: reworded some things for hawk

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

I don't want it anymore.

The 360 version.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Will get the original version: PS3... Or if the 360 version runs technically better by a long shot, I'll get it on 360.

1.) Because of the 360? I don't know, the devs probably just wanted to make the story more comprehensible by cutting the not important gameplay parts? About the sidequests talk, it's not FFXII. It seems to play more like FFX in terms of balance between battles and story. About the question, the average consumer is not the kind of person that look for video game news. If they see the Final Fantasy name somewhere, they'll get it no matter what.

2.) It's probably misinterpreted, so a bit of truth and some spin added for the meltdowns or something.

3.) Does not apply.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

xbox360!! only console i have and i think it still looks great especially after the AMAZING recent trailer!

Official Member of the Xbox 360 squad!

Around the Network

Link to where it says "The deleted content is because of the xbox 360 version" please.

I will buy it for the 360, since it's the only console I own that can play it.

PS3.  Depending on the extras, I will probably buy an international version too.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Huh? What recent events would get people to change their mind about which console to by it on, or whether to buy the game?

People might decide not to get the game because of that information, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. The game is the same today as it was yesterday. The decisions SE made about the game were the same yesterday as they are today. Your opinion that FFXIII was compromised in some way by going multiplat is the same today as it was yesterday. Really, what has changed?

Perhaps what's changed is that you now believe your opinion has been validated? So what? You had that opinion before, it pissed you off then but you were still going to get the game. Now you think your opinion has been confirmed as fact why does that make you so much more more pissed off to the point that you are not going to buy the game, or considering not buying the game?

Anyone who thinks FFXIII was compromised for the sake of the 360 and is pissed about it wasn't going to buy the 360 version anyway.

I don't think this "revelation" is going to affect sales at all, and it isn't going to have any effect on the PS3 vs. 360 sales distribution either.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The 360. And I am interested in a link to this information. Why would a ton of content be removed for the 360?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)