By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the best game of the decade?

My favorite online game is Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, very cool game and dice hasnt been able to make a game as good since then in my opinion.

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

Around the Network

It's so hard to pick only 1, but I think RE4 just edges it out.
The next ones are MGS3, LoZ:TP, SSBB and Halo:CE.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

rocketpig said:
guiduc said:
Super Mario Galaxy, God of War, Pikmin, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, MGS3, Uncharted 2

Those are the revolutionnary games of the decade.

No offense but I look at that list and see a dearth of revolution.

God of War is a button-masher. Those have been around forever. SMG is a Wiimote version of M64. MGS3 is MGS2 with more controls. Uncharted 2 is exactly like Uncharted or any other third person adventurer, just better done than most. MM and TP are straight rips from OoT. Pikmin is, well, Pikmin... Unusual but not exactly revolutionary.

They're all good to great games but I don't see how any of them are really "revolutionary".

I'd say Pikmin really is revolutionary. It's basically an entire new genre, and the best way to bring RTS-style gameplay to the consoles.

Majora's Mask has done new things as well, but to call it a revolution is stretching it.

The rest isn't revolutionary at all.

I'll give you Pikmin. I was on the fence about that one.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Chrizum said:
rocketpig said:
guiduc said:
Super Mario Galaxy, God of War, Pikmin, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, MGS3, Uncharted 2

God of War is a button-masher. Those have been around forever. SMG is a Wiimote version of M64. MGS3 is MGS2 with more controls. Uncharted 2 is exactly like Uncharted or any other third person adventurer, just better done than most. MM and TP are straight rips from OoT. Pikmin is, well, Pikmin... Unusual but not exactly revolutionary.

They're all good to great games but I don't see how any of them are really "revolutionary".

I'd say Pikmin really is revolutionary. It's basically an entire new genre, and the best way to bring RTS-style gameplay to the consoles.

Majora's Mask has done new things as well, but to call it a revolution is stretching it.

Hum, thats my opinion here. Do I have the right to consider them revolutionnary, yeah?

Around the Network
guiduc said:
Chrizum said:
rocketpig said:
guiduc said:

Hum, thats my opinion here. Do I have the right to consider them revolutionnary, yeah?

You have the right to think anything you want. I just won't agree with you. When put into historical context, I don't see how any of those (outside of Pikmin, which I'll defer on) are anything resembling revolutionary.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
guiduc said:
Chrizum said:
rocketpig said:
guiduc said:

You have the right to think anything you want. I just won't agree with you. When put into historical context, I don't see how any of those (outside of Pikmin, which I'll defer on) are anything resembling revolutionary.

I also agree in that regard. 

@guiduc - You're entitled to think they're the best games obviously, its just calling them revolutionary that people disagree with.

Ok so those are my best games of the decade. Period.

Fallout 3 and my suprise hit was bioshock

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots
GTA:San Andreas
Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare
God of War 2
Need of Speed:Underground
StarWars:Battlefront