By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the best game of the decade?

My favourite game iv'e played this decade is patapon 2.

Around the Network

I don't think I could pick just one, but here are my nominees:

Eternal Darkness
NSMB Wii
Gears of War 2
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it made everything what Melee was able to devliver better.

The big 5ive in alphabetical order :

Grand Theft Auto series
Halo series
Metroid series
Starcraft
World of Warcraft

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

Super Mario Galaxy and Final Fantasy X, probably in that order.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Well, the best game of the Decade for me wasn't even released within that Decade, it just missed it in fact: SILENT HILL. There's just no game, currently, closer to my heart. "Survival Horror" ftw!

Now, what do I think were the games that truly pulled so much of my time within the Decade, it was a three way tie for me:

- Super Smash Bros Melee
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Gears of War

These three consumed the majority of my time. I had longer play times with these three than any other games.

The DEFINING Game of the Decade: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Still the most brilliant game I've ever played!

It may be the most brilliant game you've ever played in your opinion but defining?

The biggest defining moment this gen and indeed this decade would undoubtedly be Wii Sports.

No matter what you say about the casuals and the poor graphics and so on, it has changed the future of the gaming industry forever.

If that's not defining, I don't know what is.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

theres no way... i'll name a few great games that went overlooked due to overpopular games though...

Chaos Legion

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

Folklore

Armored Core: For Answer

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires

It's always the underdog games that truly end up being the best in the end.

Skies of Arcadia...

Former something....

Wind Waker!

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

max payne. The atmosphere in that game was so great I still dream about it

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.