By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Better Value? Sony's PlayStation 3 or Microsoft's Elite 360

Christopher_G2 said: Well the PS3 is the better deal because of the Blue Ray Player. And if do ever get a 360 it sure as hell won't be the elite version. Why the hell would I need a 120GB harddrive in my video game system. Even Sony's at 60 GB is three times larger than I need.
more like why the hell would anyone pay $170 for a 120gig gd ?

Around the Network

And MS continues to play catchup for rushing the 360 out hella fast. I think its cool that they are trying to give everyone options, Core for the verrry casual gamer, Premium for the serious gamer, Elite for the tech geek......but seriously, to upgrade my premiums HDD and to go wireless i need to spend 280$ on top of the 400 i spent...with no HD movie player or HDMI? if anyone pays 180 for that HDD they need to be slapped....What are they doing to differentiate their Product? Making it the same color, with less features and a more comparable price tag? Brilliant MS, just brilliant.....now any joe schmo can do the math, i want to play wirelessly and online.....480 + 100 adapter + xbox live = 630, now thanks to this elite anyone on the fence between the 360 and the ps3 will most likely get a PS3 when they factor in BD to th emix as well, why they released this at this price tag when they have sony by the balls is beyond me, its basically a poor mans PS3 with no BD or wireless.....im totally astonished by this.

MikeB: Very fanboy. In regards to the XBox, some people dont care about wireless or the HD-DVD drive!, I wouldnt, so the extra components is a moot argument. When you slam the fact that he is including the price of HDMI cables and component cables, and the headset, its a comparison for everything that is included in each console, so you have to compare everything, its a good argument, but not the "what you have to do" And again to bring up an old argument, if you going online on a console, live is the best solution, I dont go online with my console, but its great they included that, and told you 12 months, so you'd be a idiot if you thought that it was going to be the final cost. It seems to be mainly going into first party solutions, not 3rd party solutions. PS: My vote would be PS3 is better value, but cut the fanboy crap, the new xbox seems to be priced to high for the value you get out of it.

steverhcp02 said: why they released this at this price tag when they have sony by the balls is beyond me, its basically a poor mans PS3 with no BD or wireless.....im totally astonished by this.
This is exactly what I have been thinking, fantastic quote, I'm going to steal it :)

Isamu said: This is exactly what I have been thinking, fantastic quote, I'm going to steal it :)
I can just see this thing backfiring...sure the 360 buyers wont be phased and nor should they be if they want a 360, but anyone in the middle between 360 and ps3 just got a huge shove towards the PS3, no doubt about it. And slightly off topic.....isnt the point of this 120 GB HDD for th enew IPtv and rental downloads/purchases/media? For a company trying to hammer home "its all about the games" as their reason for lack of "other" options i think its a complete slap in the face to charge out the butt for something that essentially has nothing to do with the games and everything to do with MS expanding on IPtv which such a select few of users will even use.

Around the Network

Why couldn't they make the current 360 upgradeable? Why release an entirely new model? Millions of 360's were just sold 3 months ago during the X-mas season. I don't think these people will be too happy a better version came out RIGHT AFTER they spent their money. The black 360 also proves Sony's strategy and price point was right the 1ST TIME. No one learned with the original Xbox and it's Live service being dumped. Even the forced memory upgrade to play larger Live Arcade games is a rip off. Seriously though...this was a bad move!! HDMI (or DVI) should have been a standard option from the start. We all knew that Microsoft was planning a harddrive upgrade, but they kept saying that they'll add HDMI when the market demands it. Little did we know that they meant producing a new model (which pretty much means older models are incapable of digital video output). It's real screwed up. Maybe Sony was right!! Maybe the HD-era began when the PS3 came out. I know I fully enjoy my PS3's HDMI and Blu-ray capability, and I don't have to buy another PS3 down the road.

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

you should count 2 xbox360, because they very often get "3 red rings". just like here - http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=15494 GRAW 2 Makes Xbox 360 go to the Red Light District - Problem Admitted

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said: you should count 2 xbox360, because they very often get "3 red rings". just like here - http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=15494 GRAW 2 Makes Xbox 360 go to the Red Light District - Problem Admitted
Yeah your right. 470+470 = 940... XD Because your lucky if a 360 lasts 3 months... 3 years?! 6 Years?!?! EDIT: I just wanna say that if a game has the ability to cook a 360... It's gonna be REALLY fun when a virus of some sort comes out... Useing the same... issue.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

@ Isamu

Very fanboy
No doubt I like the technology behind the PS3, but I never owned a PS2 though.
In regards to the XBox, some people dont care about wireless or the HD-DVD drive!
Heh, I was just replying to an article and commented on why I thought this was a weak comparison.
When you slam the fact that he is including the price of HDMI cables and component cables, and the headset
No, I did not slam this, although it seems more expensively options were picked and it's worth mentioning that for instance a headset, keyboard, mouse, bigger harddrive, etc you buy for the PS3 can be used with other mainstream devices as well.
Live is the best solution
No doubt Live is the XBox 360's strong point, but I am looking forward to Home and it will be free for the PS3!
but cut the fanboy crap
I will continue to speak my mind, if that doesn't suit you that's your problem. I respect other people's opinions but would like mine be respected as well or at least treated as such. I see nothing in your posting which actually debunks my perspectives.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I wish MS brought out the Elite with a HD-DVD built-in, and charged around $599. Then I would consider getting this. Anyone else read the comments about "1-way" copying of data from the 20Gig to 120Gig drive? Makes sense really - same issues Ninty have with Wii users, and Sony/PS3 will have the same problems (can one person "buy" Tekken6, then give a copy to other players?).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099