By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP reaches 3 million ! What a FLOP !

Tis neither FLOP Nor HIT

Pour shame on the haters who say it flopped hard

Laugh long at the fanboys who make up every excuse under the sun as to why it only sold 3 mil and used to post "LBP is GONNA OWN HALO" and "SACKBOY WILL BE THE NEW MARIO"

Lord its nice sometimes, to be able to sit back and not give a SH!T

Around the Network

I think there is a formula for PS3 "flops", something like,

Game is a flop unless Sales = Current Sales + 1

3 million and rising isn't a hit... weird... I didn't know selling multi millions on a low budget title isn't a hit.

Euphoria14 said:
Slimebeast said:
Maynard_Tool said:
CGI-Quality said:
KylieDog said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kantor said:
Slimebeast said:
Naum said:
Not to be rude but how much of the sales comes from the really really cheap prices it has? I mean I can buy this game here in Sweden new for less then 1/3 of the full price it had when it was released.

Ditto. And it went down to less than half price right after Christmas 2008. In UK too I heard our English friends say here on VGC.

Plus it's been bundled.

The massive price cuts were only in Europe. Our friends across the Atlantic were paying full price for quite a while.

And it wasn't heavily bundled, or anything.

It's good to see many rational posters understand this.

For christmas 2008 and most of 2009 is was pretty hard finding a PS3 without a copy of LBP bundled, in the UK anyway (and most of Europe importing from UK).

I still wouldn't call that "HEAVY" bundling.

And, how many of those sales have attributed to the overall total? The game did well, I don't get people's issues.

I don't know what's the deal with you and many people here. People are just saying what happend with the game: price cut really soon, it was bundled**

Nobody is saying it didn't do good, I don't know what's your issue with trying to kind of downplay that it was bundled, and that really added a lot of sales to the total. I don't really see how saying that it was bundled is an issue. He is just saying nothing but the real deal.

The game was supposed to be huge for sony, they even mentioned that sackboy could have been sony's mascot. But it didn't turn the way sony was expecting. Still, is not bad for a new IP (I don't see a lot of games, specially new IP, hitting 3 million lately anywayz)

I just don't get how some people get defensive when others mentioned price cut and bundles.

**What exactly is heavy bundled? B/c a game that after a few weeks is bundled, and next year is almost bundled in every single system... at least for me, that's heavy bundling

It wasn't bundled in the US though was it?

Not that i've ever witnessed. I think it was just the UK, although I could be wrong.

No US bundling at all. The Uncharted bundle was the only bundle in the US when LBP launched. And UK's might make up of... oh 50k sales... IF that.

CGI-Quality said:
Cypher1980 said:
Tis neither FLOP Nor HIT

Pour shame on the haters who say it flopped hard

Laugh long at the fanboys who make up every excuse under the sun as to why it only sold 3 mil and used to post "LBP is GONNA OWN HALO" and "SACKBOY WILL BE THE NEW MARIO"

Lord its nice sometimes, to be able to sit back and not give a SH!T

I'd love to see just ONE post that said that.

I remember the LBP is gonna own Halo thread, it was done by that guy around that time and he also said that thing in that thread, you know the one.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Knew you'd remember.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Well that's more then 3 times what Lost Odyssey sold. Even if LBP had been on 360 it wouldn't have sold. Only shooters manage to sell over 4 million on that console.

CGI-Quality said:
Steroid said:
Well that's more then 3 times what Lost Odyssey sold. Even if LBP had been on 360 it wouldn't have sold. Only shooters manage to sell over 4 million on that console.

Assassin's Creed & GTA IV say otherwise my friend.

I meant exclusives.

letsdance said:
3 million and rising isn't a hit... weird... I didn't know selling multi millions on a low budget title isn't a hit.

You didn't know? You need to sell at least 5-6+ Million before you're considered a hit. We have only had a few hits this gen.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
letsdance said:

You didn't know? You need to sell at least 5-6+ Million before you're considered a hit. We have only had a few hits this gen.

so 3D Dot Heroes will be a negative hit? 

& MGS4 not a hit?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey