Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Their strategy worked on me

Their strategy worked on me

Yes 52 67.53%

No 25 32.47%

Total:77
guiduc said:
noname2200 said:
guiduc said:

Nintendo has never talked a lot about their upcoming games.

This isn't true at all.

Months before their release in this gen yes.

...Where is your avatar from, again?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
guiduc said:
noname2200 said:
guiduc said:

This isn't true at all.

Me? Humpf,

Brawl... 

But I bought my Wii on May 2008 so Brawl was already out. I wanted to buy one when I saw Mario Kart Wii in stores. I was like OMG! I so much loved Double Dash!

For the hype, a delay of 3 or 4 months is really okay.

I think Nintendo don't want their games to have a big opening then drop dramatically. They want money on a long run.

honestly, i really hate having almost ZERO information on upcoming Wii titles.

keeping secrets and surprises is great and i want that to stay but knowing nothing about a game gets really frustrating after while :(

I DO agree that being too hyped can ruin the game though, so i don't want to go down that route either. maybe a nice balance, show a screenshot or two every few months and i'll shut up (how long ago was E3?), maybe a trailer or something...

I really like how SEGA is currently handling project needle mouse (upto now) where they first announce & tease, then they give some details, then they make nice little random announcements like that "character stamp-out" thing they're doing where they appear to finally hear what fans have been saying about extra characters in sonic games :D

guiduc said:
Khuutra said:
guiduc said:
noname2200 said:
guiduc said:

This isn't true at all.

Me? Humpf,

Brawl...  

LOL

Around the Network
guiduc said:
But I bought my Wii on May 2008 so Brawl was already out. I wanted to buy one when I saw Mario Kart Wii in stores. I was like OMG! I so much loved Double Dash!

For the hype, a delay of 3 or 4 months is really okay.

I think Nintendo don't want their games to have a big opening then drop dramatically. They want money on a long run.

You jumped late in the band wagon? Seems you holded of a bit..

I think its just better to give us 1 amazing trialer like Metriod other M. Than in the last minute give us a bunch of details.
Though I prefer to just know when its coming out for games I know are good. Though I think its just best to watch some reviews
and see others opnions rather than judge by videos. Much better and you don't get disapointed

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

If I weren't on this forum so much, I had no idea about Metroid Other M or Even Super Mario Galaxy 2.
The only Nintendo game that is getting much hype outside of VGChartz is Zelda Wii.

Barozi said:
If I weren't on this forum so much, I had no idea about Metroid Other M or Even Super Mario Galaxy 2.
The only Nintendo game that is getting much hype outside of VGChartz is Zelda Wii.

^^ you didn't even look at E3 coverage??

other than E3, i do see news on SMG2, and more recently Zedla Wii. but you have a point, not much info on either one, and Metroid:OM is nowhere on the site (to my knowledge)

I can only agree. Releasing only the necessary information results in little to no confusion and therefor better expectations and gaming experiences.

I have pretty much realized what's the point in seeing all the screenshots and hearing all this information now when a thing is still months or even years away