By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Things about Nintendo that disappoint me

tehsage said:
I don't understand how Nintendo would be better if they reduced themselves to Sony/Microsoft PR =/

Sony/Microsoft PR revolves around faking the situation and pretending to be successful market leaders, while losing billions of dollars AND being last place. 

Nintendo could say most of the same positives, while staying entirely honest. 

Around the Network

I agree with point 4 and half agree with point 2. But not the rest.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

metalmonstar said:

There is no denying that Nintendo has done a lot right this generation, but there is always room for improvement. So I have come up with a list of business decisions that make me disappointed in Nintendo. 

1. Marketing Campaign-In my opinion Wii would like to play was the strongest marketing campaign of the three consoles. Then in early 2008 it seemed to disappear completely. I don't see why they would drop the campaign, at the very least have come up with a new campaign.  Sony and Microsoft seem to have reinvented and continued their campaign, so there is no reason for Nintendo to stop theirs.

They could, but they really don't need to considering the sales and hype behind the Wii. When that hype dies down I'm sure they'll start up again.

2.Player Choice- Nintendo seems to have this idea that player choice just decreases profits. I can see where they are coming from with the strength of their evergreen titles but player choice is more than just increased sales and lower profits. It is about letting consumers know what products are quality. This would help the new audience purchase games. Less people would get ripped off and more quality titles would be on retailer shelves. There is really no reason for several year old games to still cost full price.

Agree with this.

3. PR- You have Microsoft and Sony fighting it out. Each of them consider Nintendo to be a non issue, not even in the competition. Instead of laughing at their moronic claims and spinning a statement that knocks them both, Nintendo just takes it. Nintendo needs to be more aggressive with their PR statements

They really don't need to. Most of the time MS and Sony PR just come off sounding like dicks. Nintendo just show the data and the figures and job done. Why lower yourself to their level?

4. Hype-Hire a public speaker of something. I remember watching E3, and although the announcements were huge, I just couldn't get hyped. The build-up and delivery just seemed so flat. It was like the speakers weren't hyped themselves. 

Yep, I think this is actually an area where Nintendo needs some work, although to a lesser extent Sony this gen as well. MS just seems to be hype central at the moment.

5. Spacing-Brawl, Mario Kart, Wii Fit, who was the genius who put those together. Alright understandable, they didn't realize how big those would be. There is no excuse though for leaving late 08 and early 09 barren. You knew from last year that wii fit+ would be big and how could you not think Mario would be big. Hopefully this year Nintendo's big guns will be better spaced so that gamers aren't left with long dry spells.

To be fair, when they all came out the biggest complaints about Wii were that there were no games as 3rd-parties had banked on the other 2 systems. Nintendo answered by rushing out their top titles leading to the gap we've seen in the last 2 yrs (which they probably believed would be filled by 3rd-party titles). Normally, I doubt Nintendo would space titles so poorly.

My responses in blue. My biggest dissappoinment in Nintendo this gen is the lack of Starfox, F-Zero and a new Zelda. I wouldn't mind seeing Nintendo tryout a different genre as well (although they've created a few this gen). And with the money they now have it'd be nice if they expanded a bit more in terms of number of developers.

I think my biggest disappointment with Nintendo, is how they have been in this gen for almost 3 years and their best use of motions controls has been in Wii sport and WSR. As great as those games are (especially the sword fighting mode in WSR) imagined that they would be just the tip of the iceberg. Granted WSR has not been out that long, i though they would have had brought out at least one or 1 m+ games now. It annoys me that they would rely on any third party at all, even the ones who have done good by them. They brought motion controls to the game so it is up to them to push it forward!

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

BornFirst. said:
I think my biggest disappointment with Nintendo, is how they have been in this gen for almost 3 years and their best use of motions controls has been in Wii sport and WSR. As great as those games are (especially the sword fighting mode in WSR) imagined that they would be just the tip of the iceberg. Granted WSR has not been out that long, i though they would have had brought out at least one or 1 m+ games now. It annoys me that they would rely on any third party at all, even the ones who have done good by them. They brought motion controls to the game so it is up to them to push it forward!

This.

And the Player's Choice thing also. 

Around the Network

I am not saying that they should stoop to Sony and Microsoft's level with PR. I am just saying they need some.

Walmart wipes the floor with their competitors, yet they still have a strong and aggressive marketing campaign. Just because you are winning, doesn't mean you should give up the advertisement.

Out of control hype can be bad but I believe hype in general is a good thing.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

DaBuddahN said:
You know what I hate about Nintendo? Their peripherals. They never seem to support one more than 1 or 2 games..

You know nouthing about the wii!
They have games with peripherals that are supported more than you think
Here I'll name some
Wii zapper-pretty much every shooting game
Balance bourd-Punch out and other mini game comllection(I can name games if you want me to)
Motion+ - Zelda Wii is useing it and other sport games and games(Agian can name some if you want)
The wii remote - Pretty much every game

So yeah,attack countered 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Nintendo is more disapointed in you for your lack of loyalty.

WilliamWatts said:
Nintendo is more disapointed in you for your lack of loyalty.

Yeah what he said!
Matalmonstar how could you do such a thing. Questioning nintendo's leadership  

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

the only things i am not liking about nintendo right now it's the lack of games for my taste for a good while

they have zelda for a maybe late 2010 .
if i heard something about wii sport 3, wii fit 3. next e3 i will dish them never look back.
those games are useless, especially since i am underweight.