By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Zelda Wii be alot more action-involved than previous installments?

Should Zelda Wii be alot more action-involved than previous installments?

Yes, to take advantage of... 82 62.60%

No, keep it the same. 17 12.98%

I want less focus on action. Give me puzzles! 17 12.98%

I don't mind either way. 7 5.34%

I'm just in this for the chick 4 3.05%

I don't like this guy. He's no mudkip. 4 3.05%

Total:131

What do you think? This is the main concern I have with Zelda Wii. I really want more action and sword fighting, and 3D Zelda's just never seem to satisfy in this regard. Controlling the sword is the main selling point for Zelda Wii (other than just being Zelda), so why not utilize it as much as possible the right way?

Around the Network

Yes I agree. It would feel so good to go around sand killing things with your sword and actually feel like your doing it. It will feel more realistic. Also make the enimies make you think instead of get out of the way attitude

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I'm sure they'll really capitalize on the swordfighting in this incarnation, as well as any other intuitive uses of weaponry. Personally though, I've never really had a problem with it, I always thought there was enough fighting in the games to begin with, no need for more. Besides, this is Zelda, it's frm Nintendo, I am 200% confident it'll be brilliant either way. They'll do whatever's best.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I'm sorry but it is just me that gets annoyed by so many choices in the pool threads???

:/

I want it to be ZELDA. Those words are enough. If it is Zelda main series, I like it.

Link to the Past had an excellent balance between puzzles, action and exploration. The 3D Zelda games do not. So yes, they do need to focus more on action and less on puzzles, but they also can not neglect the overworld.

Around the Network
Bamboleo said:
I'm sorry but it is just me that gets annoyed by so many choices in the pool threads???

:/

I want it to be ZELDA. Those words are enough. If it is Zelda main series, I like it.

Annoyed or not, this is a very serious question I'm asking the community. I really want to know their answers. I left some extra options for people who like to goof around, but I expect most to answer seriously. I'm sorry if it annoys you.

What defines Zelda?

Hell yes! Killin' shit needs to be fun.

I think that even without the dungeons - if someone just wanted to roam around the world, it should be fun on its own. Almost like how people are able to enjoy GTA just roaming the city, even when avoiding the story.

Anyway, a great combat system will allow this - accessibility! It also jacks up replay value, on top of being more fun to play overall. I've played the original Legend of Zelda tons of times, because I enjoy the combat.

Do it, Nintendo!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! TP was awesome.

Yes more action, but I dont want them to sacrifice any puzzles for it.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

more motion plus action.

just not necessarily combat utilization only. bring on the motion plus puzzles please :)