By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what type of graphics do you prefer?

what type of graphics do you prefer?

realistic (gow3, dante inferno) 20 46.51%

realistic- cartoony (mw2, halo) 11 25.58%

cartoony (mario, darksiders) 12 27.91%

Total:43

Cartoony, because much less time has to be put into the graphics to make them look good, and everything has a clear function in the game world with good contrast (as oppose to everything being grey/brown and indistinct if realism is done badly).

Around the Network

Halo is realistic cartoony - yes, but MW2 is not cartoony at all.

nightsurge said:
True gamers care less about graphics and more about gameplay.

Most gamers would disagree with you on the sole purpose that they think they are True Gamers.

I prefer stylist graphics than real. Since style isn't in the list. I'll go with cartoony.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

^^ exactly how i feel. style >>> no style, pretty basic

since there's no "style" chocie i'll go with cartoony too

CaptDS9E said:

"True gamers care less about graphics and more about gameplay"

That's a load of crap if I ever heard it. If you buy a $60 360 or PS3 games and it looks like crap your going to say "It's ok because I'm a true game" ?

I care about both. Some types of games like Arcade titles, graphics don't mean much. However I own two HD systems, and those games better well look good for the money I've spent on it.

@Bolded, I was sorely disappointed at Dragon Age's graphics on my 360, but I still really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if that makes me a "true gamer", I suspect I'm not. I'm not a hardcore anything really.

Around the Network

Geez guys, don't you recognize a smiley face when you see one? And I didn't say they didn't care AT ALL about graphics, I just said that graphics, for the most part, are secondary to the experiences the game offers. Games can still have compelling, rich, and amazing stories without the bleeding realism in the graphics department. Innovation, style, story, gameplay, etc all play a big part.

I guess I've reached the point where I don't care about which games look the best, so long as the graphics do enough for the game that it is meant for and the gameplay draws me in, I'm sold. I still like nice graphics, but it's not the deciding factor. That's all I was trying to say

I think the GoW one should be called "Realistic Gore" and the other one simply "Realistic"

Most types are good. Some annoy me like Wind Waker and Borderlands. But I'm not likely to sink much time into either type of game, anyway.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

The Uncharted type....

Anyway, I like every type if they are done well

Vector graphics.

If only they would make a CoD using them!