By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what type of graphics do you prefer?

what type of graphics do you prefer?

realistic (gow3, dante inferno) 20 46.51%

realistic- cartoony (mw2, halo) 11 25.58%

cartoony (mario, darksiders) 12 27.91%

Total:43

didnt know what category is mw2 is so i made 50/50 option

Around the Network

Awesome ones.

lag and clich free graphics.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I dont mind, I can play a realistic game one second then hop into an 8-bit NES game the next.

good ones

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

True gamers care less about graphics and more about gameplay.

"True gamers care less about graphics and more about gameplay"

That's a load of crap if I ever heard it. If you buy a $60 360 or PS3 games and it looks like crap your going to say "It's ok because I'm a true game" ?

I care about both. Some types of games like Arcade titles, graphics don't mean much. However I own two HD systems, and those games better well look good for the money I've spent on it.

nightsurge said:
True gamers care less about graphics and more about gameplay.

True gamers care about everything the game can offer us... everything is important, so we can feel the game, and feel the sensation that we are living the game!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

how is MW2 and Halo "realistic- cartoony"?

I prefer something with some sort of style. I don't care if they're realistic, but I want something that doesn't look like I'm just walking down the street.

For instance, Call of Duty and Gears of War are both realistic (neither are cartoony) but while Call of Duty simply emulates reality, Gears of War plays with proportions and the world around it to make a style. While I don't think Gears of War's style is the most amazing ever, I appreciate it more than something like Call of Duty.

I can see the real world anytime I want, I want to see something else.

Beyond that, I don't care if it's more cartoony as you put it, or realistic stylized.