By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Follow-up: vgchartz site slowness

I don't get it. I haven't been to a site so slow or unlikely to work in years. What could possibly be going on?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
ioi said:
First time in two days??

Yesterday = Impossible to go on the site.

I had always the same message. Something like this:

# The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

# If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

# If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

And today (till minutes ago) it took me 5 minutes to open a thread/mailbox etc;.

databases probably cant handle the amount of users accessing at one time causing them to crash for a bit. PSU/PS3Forums used to when we had 400 users visiting at one time. The server this site is on = garbage.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Wow. I'm surprised I got on the site from my computer.

ioi, this site is really getting to me, I thought that it went down. I tried to log on today and yesturday night and it just was so freaking slow. i would get the messages konnichiwa said above. Its getting extremely horrible. I think you should check this site out and try to make some revisions. Its probably NPD hacking it. I thought it was because we were changing servers and that was the cause. But we have now completed the server change and the site is just hanging. Its only 70 members on the site at times and a max of 300 guests.

A serious fix needs to be addressed.

Around the Network

Yeah, this site is soooo slow. It always takes a few minutes to load the site and I double post more and more often because of the lag/bad server issues. IDK what's going on, but I'm sure ioi is trying his best to make it work...

The site was definitely down last night (about 22 hours ago). It was still down when I went to bed some time after that.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Things have been brutal this weekend... This is my first successful time on even though I've tried most of the day on and off again.

ioi said:
First time in two days??

Yeah :(

Check my post log... unless I'm on holiday, I'll check this site 6-8 times a day (and will post something pretty much everytime). I don't think I was on at all from Sat night till this morning...

Its just started working again.

It seems to have three distinct phases:

- lightning fast, no delays, works perfectly

- slow pages, occasional timeout - can read/post most (about 80% of the time recently)

- site is down (95% of attempts result in timeout, no pages delivered)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Please monitor it - I'm worried about the server as well, although its not THAT much traffic (definitely NOT traffic related!!). I (and everyone else) wants this problem licked by Black Friday - lots of data, stories and visitors coming soon...

I trust you have spoken to the hosting company about the server itself? I'm a little surprised they can't monitor what is happening, and sort it out for you.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099