By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Follow-up: vgchartz site slowness

Shams Said:

Yeah :(

Check my post log... unless I'm on holiday, I'll check this site 6-8 times a day (and will post something pretty much everytime). I don't think I was on at all from Sat night till this morning...

Its just started working again.

It seems to have three distinct phases:

- lightning fast, no delays, works perfectly

- slow pages, occasional timeout - can read/post most (about 80% of the time recently)

- site is down (95% of attempts result in timeout, no pages delivered)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's exactly how it is

- 20% of the time (right now)

- 10% of the time (ten minutes ago)

- 70 % of the time (all day yesterday, and this morning)

I can't' stand not being able to access this site... Maybe I'm addicted? :)

Around the Network

These slowdowns are driving people away. I notice the user count has been declining steadily. I hope something can be done soon. Surely there are some security experts that can help you out here.

I think ioi is using this strategically like a drug dealer. He get's us all hooked, totally addicted, and then oops it's very hard to access *WITHDRAWLS HIT HARD*, maybe for 20 dollars I can make the evil hackers go away. And in a cold sweat trying not to vomit we tell him "fine fine, whatever it takes man" and then throw a wad of bills at him. And then BAM we're back on, speculating on sweet sweet numbers, crushing up those statistics into a finely analyzed powder and snorting it into our meta-game addicted minds.

Curse you, ioi and your digital crack!

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I just get bored when I don't have all my forums and news sites to read and then I do things like this:

This site wasn't working for me for at least over 24 hours until just recently.

Around the Network
ioi said:
First time in two days??

Me too. Its been unable to connect all weekend.

Yeah site was acting glitchy a few minutes ago all these SQL error messages

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)