By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - honk kong game magazine give FF13 a 4/10 -biggest swindle in gaming history

darthdevidem01 said:
Hidalgo said:

Even if we don't take this review into account, and judging by what has been said all over the internet, it seems that FFXIII confirms that the good and sunny Square days are gone for good.

There will be more FF to come. Some will be better, some will be worse. But they will never be the same.

R.I.P. Final Fantasy series.

the reception is better than what FF12 got in Japan from importers & user reviews

so by your logic Final Fantasy died with FF12

Yeah, exactly. I thought about it but I decided not to post it to avoid offtopics.

Around the Network

What I find funniest is he says "full marks here" over graphics, and only gives it a 9

Munkeh111 said:
What I find funniest is he says "full marks here" over graphics, and only gives it a 9

what you didn't find it more funny that he admitted to only playing 8 hours out of a 50 hours game in his own review? lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Hahah.
HAH!
This would be best thing that happend this gen!
Really I somehow hope that this will be first Final Fantasy to fail.
But of course, why would I belive some honk kong game magazine that I have never heard of?And why would I want one of my fauvorite series to fail?
Because it would be fuckin funny!

Take my love, take my land..

Because some reviews which unfavourably compare this game to past FF games will mark it down the Metascore for this game will probably end up in the 8.5-8.9 range. Even if it is truly an 8.5-8.9 game it still makes it a AA title and eminently playable for all those who generally like the JRPG genre.

And possibly counter-intuitively those who are only fair weather friends of JRPG might find this a more playable FF/JRPG than the standard FF/JRPG because of its departures from the FF/JRPG gameplay standard models. It's certainly the only FF game that has really caught my eye, still don't know whether it's caught me anough to want to buy it though; maybe when it goes platinum and is 1/2 the launch price, then I'll be able to buy it used for 1/3 of the launch price

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Because some reviews which unfavourably compare this game to past FF games will mark it down the Metascore for this game will probably end up in the 8.5-8.9 range. Even if it is truly an 8.5-8.9 game it still makes it a AA title and eminently playable for all those who generally like the JRPG genre.

And possibly counter-intuitively those who are only fair weather friends of JRPG might find this a more playable FF/JRPG than the standard FF/JRPG because of its departures from the FF/JRPG gameplay standard models. It's certainly the only FF game that has really caught my eye, still don't know whether it's caught me anough to want to buy it though; maybe when it goes platinum and is 1/2 the launch price, then I'll be able to buy it used for 1/3 of the launch price

no no no, its the perfect FF for newcomers to join the franchise

& its certainly caught the eye of many non JRPG people I know too

if they market it with those amazing CGI cut scenes people like YOU will buy it!

i jst cancelled my preorder ths game sounds horrible. i think i will buy other game in march instead. for me this is disappointing very much. will u still buy ff13?

I think for myself, so of course I will play it. This is Final Fantasy. Even if it sucked, I'm a fan, and thus, shall continue to follow the series.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

darthdevidem01 said:
binary solo said:

if they market it with those amazing CGI cut scenes people like YOU will buy it!

Why the no, no, no? Are we not generally in agreement here?

@ Zenfolder: So does that mean you already own a PS3 or will you be in the market for one when FFVsXIII comes out?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
darthdevidem01 said:
binary solo said:

Why the no, no, no? Are we not generally in agreement here?

@ Zenfolder: So does that mean you already own a PS3 or will you be in the market for one when FFVsXIII comes out?

its because you said "still don't know whether its caught me enough to want to buy it"

It WILL convince you, I will!

I completely agree with this review after playing through the Japanese version. It describes the game perfectly with those comments.