By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - honk kong game magazine give FF13 a 4/10 -biggest swindle in gaming history

So this guy seems like he is looking for every bad review in any magazine and posting it here and then saying he is dissapointed and he wont buy the game now, that seems like a lot of hate if you ask me, besides putting silly reviews like this one which didnt even had a serious aproach to the game.

Around the Network

Wait, so theres a chinese version of final fantasy XIII? Where characters speak chinese?

A Bad Clown said:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.jp%2Fproduct-reviews%2FB000FNQXEO%2Fref%3Dcm_cr_pr_hist_1%3Fie%3DUTF8%26showViewpoints%3D0%26filterBy%3DaddOneStar&sl=ja&tl=en

Most people I see bashing it are calling it "boring" or "more of a video than game" with an occasional "Battle system sucks, gil too low".

I dont know about the other points but the bolded part seems to be not true based on everything I read before. The battle system should be the best part on FF13 and not just this I read often its the best battle system of all FFs just read the first threads here or some more reviews.

One of the reviewers which gave the game a 7/10 said that the battle system is the crownjewel of the game and one of the best he ever experienced.

More of a Video then a game ? The first 10 hours in FFX were pretty much like this FMVs all the time. 

FFs is always linear extremly linear look at FFX people tend to hate FF12 and say FFX is better but now FF13 seems to be like X and people hate it even more ??

gil too low ? What does it mean ? Gil are completly worthless in most FFs they are just there to buy potions in the beginnig or to upgrade your weapons but infact Gils have almost never a good use. I never grinded to get gils because they are worthless. 

to OP:

A 4/10 is trolling. If you list what games get a 4/10 its almost the same class as SouthPark the game its ridiculous I could understand a 6/10 but a 4/10 is just to get attention and clicks. 

I dont care about any score Every FF I played was good or excellent. And I bet that once the game is out most people will revise their opinion and after 5 years a lot of people will say its a good game. I remember FFX was disliked by many on the beginning especially before they played it and I heard the same things about it. The exact same problems. To linear more like a Video then a game etc etc. because people tend to play just 10-15 hours. But its just 10% of the total gaming time 

The most hatred comes from people which dont like FFs that much they play just the story as quick as possible and dont even know about the real quality of FF.

Look at those selling numbers FF13 has to be atleast a decent game because the drop of is less then expected. If it would be bad the drop off would be higher then usual not the same or lower. 

Infact it shows pretty good strength for FF. It sold 113k in its third week considering the userbase and the weak start its good. I think its because of good word of mouth. It will cross 2 Million which is fantastic on a  a userbase of just 4.5 million. The game is good and even if he didnt like it he should have been objective as possible and give the game a 6/10 but a 4/10 is like an E. If you would list all the 4/10 games you would notice pretty quickly FF13 wont fit in. And because of the button smashing argument I read its one of the hardest FFs of all time. This cant be true.

I think it will sell better then FFXII in the West which is quite an achievment.

Blah blah blah random magazines want attention.

Final Fantasy XIII is considered awesome by any established reviewer, and these guys who are popping up lately just want hits/buyers.

Breaking News:

Republic of Togo Magazine reviewed it : Not Good

they gave it a a 1/10

Graphic : Just one fucking black man wtf and requires too much electricity.

Story: seems fake, no way that shit exist.

Gameplay: Best since Coming to America

Value:We only bought the first 8 hours.

Conclusion:

The worst FF ever, not as bad as vii though.

I just canceled my magazine subscription.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

I m not saying this game is good
I m not saying I will buy it

but WOW WOW WOW

the comments of people saying "I cancel my preorder" or "I will not buy it because of the review" ... As IF 1 review was so important ....

Time to Work !

psrock said:
This is going to be the biggest selling FF ever, just because you want it to fail so badly.

Dude I doubt it's going to sell 10 million cause that's how much it would need to be the biggest:(

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

they are just tryin to get some publicity tryin to be different than the rest that's all

I don't really trust a hong kong reviewer. Ill wait and see the western reviews.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Xen said:

Blah blah blah random magazines want attention.

Final Fantasy XIII is considered awesome by any established reviewer, and these guys who are popping up lately just want hits/buyers.

i agree