By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official God of War III Thread - In the end, there will only be chaos !

libellule said:
Kantor said:
Those scans have some pretty major spoilers. But I guess it's to be expected that Kratos will destroy pretty much every god, anyway.

I see kratos, enemies, gods, titans and that is all

yeah, kratos is fighting them and ?

I mean : it is too obvious to call this "spoiling" ...

Poseidon, Hades, etc.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Not sure what spec GOW3 will be when it releases, but what is the consensus with regards to resolution and would you rather have:

a) Zero screen tearing and locked at 30fps
OR
b) Minimal screen tearing and fps ranging from 30-60fps

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Kantor said:
libellule said:
Kantor said:
Those scans have some pretty major spoilers. But I guess it's to be expected that Kratos will destroy pretty much every god, anyway.

I see kratos, enemies, gods, titans and that is all

yeah, kratos is fighting them and ?

I mean : it is too obvious to call this "spoiling" ...

Poseidon, Hades, etc.

Hades was already spoiled before

Poseidon was new

In a way, I see what you mean ...

Time to Work !

davygee said:
Not sure what spec GOW3 will be when it releases, but what is the consensus with regards to resolution and would you rather have:

a) Zero screen tearing and locked at 30fps
OR
b) Minimal screen tearing and fps ranging from 30-60fps

Gonna choose (a) since i played Bayonetta and it wasn't locked at 60fps.

But the game was awesome as there wasn't any screen tearing.

FPS doesn't mean alot in GOW games anyway. (you will know if you played the previous GOW games)

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Hype Countdown !

6 days for trailer !

Around the Network

Special God of War III discussion

1. How much will God of War III debut come March in North America ?

The immediate prequel to God of war 3 launched at about 500k units first week in NA.

The weekly change of pre-orders according to the latest pre-order chartz is 12k units. Assuming God of War III is 10 weeks away from launch, if the rate of pre-order remains the same another 120k pre-orders will be added, bringing the total pre-orders to 425k.

However, I assume the rate of pre-order will increase to about 60k per week for the final 3 weeks. Adding 150k to my earlier prediction, bringing the total to 575k.

Add the sales of the rest of the week and I predict GoW III will launch to 700k first Week in Na.

2. How much will GoW III do WW first week ?

I'm not sure about the performance in EU since we dont have weekly data for I and II.

So I predict a WW first week of about 900k to 1 million.

Post your prediction.

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Special God of War III discussion

1. How much will God of War III debut come March in North America ?

The immediate prequel to God of war 3 launched at about 500k units first week in NA.

The weekly change of pre-orders according to the latest pre-order chartz is 12k units. Assuming God of War III is 10 weeks away from launch, if the rate of pre-order remains the same another 120k pre-orders will be added, bringing the total pre-orders to 425k.

However, I assume the rate of pre-order will increase to about 60k per week for the final 3 weeks. Adding 150k to my earlier prediction, bringing the total to 575k.

Add the sales of the rest of the week and I predict GoW III will launch to 700k first Week in Na.

2. How much will GoW III do WW first week ?

I'm not sure about the performance in EU since we dont have weekly data for I and II.

So I predict a WW first week of about 900k to 1 million.

Post your prediction.

1) There should be some 600k pre-orders by launch, maybe 800k sales in NA.

2) The game is considerably smaller in Europe, and especially Japan. Perhaps 50k in Japan, and...Europe is difficult, since we have no sales numbers. I'll say 250k, so it just tops 1 million.

CGI-Quality said:
God of War III will do 1 million Week 1, 4-4.5million Lifetime.

Mark it!

Thats kind of bold for your ways of intentionally low-balling sales predictions to "act" surprised on purpose and celebrate afterwards isn't it ?

GodOfWar_3ever said:
CGI-Quality said:
God of War III will do 1 million Week 1, 4-4.5million Lifetime.

Mark it!

Thats kind of bold for your ways of intentionally low-balling sales predictions to "act" surprised on purpose and celebrate afterwards isn't it ?

CGI predicted 5 million for KZ2!

I predicted 4 million, but that's a little better...right?

Have you seen what the publishers of our favourite God of War clone are up to?

That is awesome and terrible at the same time.