By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What I'd like to see from The Conduit 2.

LordTheNightKnight said:
MRFENIX said:
Better graphics and get rid of those lame "puzzles".

Better graphics? That matters more than local multiplayer, better level design, or more levels to you?

I don't need local multiplayer, I think it is lame. More levels? Better level design? Why not, but improve the graphics first. :)

Around the Network
MRFENIX said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
MRFENIX said:

Better graphics? That matters more than local multiplayer, better level design, or more levels to you?

I don't need local multiplayer, I think it is lame. More levels? Better level design? Why not, but improve the graphics first. :)

It doesn't matter if you think it's lame. Many games, including the series in your avatar, use it, and the feature sells games. That's why it's a priority for a lot of us that this game has it.

And the graphics in technical terms are already high. It was just the art direction didn't show it. The polygon count is about the highest of any Wii game, the effects are smooth and crisp. The texture resolution is also about the highest of any game on the Wii.

Trust me, in technical terms, the graphics are as good as it gets for the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
MRFENIX said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
MRFENIX said:

It doesn't matter if you think it's lame. Many games, including the series in your avatar, use it, and the feature sells games. That's why it's a priority for a lot of us that this game has it.

And the graphics in technical terms are already high. It was just the art direction didn't show it. The polygon count is about the highest of any Wii game, the effects are smooth and crisp. The texture resolution is also about the highest of any game on the Wii.

Trust me, in technical terms, the graphics are as good as it gets for the Wii.

Oh I thought this thread was about what I would like to see from TC2. For that, it matters if I think it is lame. I don't need it.

I don't trust you on that. I believe wii can do better than TC.

SaviorX said:

The online needed work too. Having the only option be a 20-minute minimum match is a no-no, and you could not leave once entered in the game I don't think. There must be time limits set and Kill Limits applied to EVERY match type.

It wasn't 20 minutes minimum, it was that 20 minutes was the set time for a no-kill-limit game. Quick matches had a shorter time limit, but were often hampered by the kill limit, which was ridiculously low for a 6-on-6 game.

They just needed more options in that department, or to make it more like Smash Bros in that you have straight time matches, or straight kill limit matches, not where one is hampered than the other.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The game needs it's own personality, which to me, seemed lacking in The Conduit. It just seemed like a shooter, that's it. First way to help this along is the art style, this game needs a major facelift. For example Red Steel to Red Steel 2, and I'm not implying that The Conduit 2 should have the same art style as Red Steel 2, I just mean it needs to change drastically. And set-piece moments/better story telling would be great. And some variety in the missions besides "keep moving and kill everyone that gets in the way" would be good, maybe some (dare I say it) on rails vehicle sections, or some nice first person driving (think MW2). And HUGE boss battles (think the Resistance 2 monster). Also, please don't let hackers take the game over.

EDIT: Local Multiplayer -- No friend Codes

Around the Network

i think HVS could put all that in..... well except for friend codes i dont nintendo will let that go  

More variety, defiantly. They have a good base they just need too build off it.

Majority of these suggestions and criticisms The Conduit faces other shooters including Reflex have and should be corrected too. Local Multiplayer especially needs to be standard in not just Wii shooters but all multiplayer Wii games.

Innervate said:
Majority of these suggestions and criticisms The Conduit faces other shooters including Reflex have and should be corrected too. Local Multiplayer especially needs to be standard in not just Wii shooters but all multiplayer Wii games.

I really hope NSMBWii makes that clear. The DS NSMB sold extremely well, and this is selling even better thanks to that.

The Wii, like the other consoles, has room for four players. Take advantage of that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

While a little off topic, I'd like to say that this generation my favorite local multiplayer games are the ones that don't require you to split the screen. I never used to mind having some fraction of the screen to play with, but honestly I have little interest in split screen games anymore. Though that just may be because there are so few good splitscreen games these days.

Games like NSMBWii, LBP, Worms Armageddon, Castle Crashers, Brawl, and the PixelJunk series are the best as local multi is done without having the screen split.

I seriously do not want a split screen FPS anymore. I just don't.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka