By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console would you want besides the one you own?

I've already gone through all of the consoles at one time or another in the past 3 years. I've Owned 3 ps3s , 3 xbox360s, 2 wiis, 3 psps, and 4 ds. The order went like this

psp 1000
dsl
psp 2000
ps3 40gig
xbox360 20gig/ wii
xbox360 20gig
ps3 60gig
xbox360 arcade jasper
ds / dsi
wii / dsl / ps340gig

now i'm just left with the ps3 40gig as i've sold the wii and the dsl due to some financial issues. after that, i've come to find the ps3 as the best fit for my gaming/movie needs. yes, i use my ps3 as a sort off media center watching bd, dvd, downloaded movies. though i do intend to buy another wii and a ds or psp (1 handheld would do)

But with the ps3 "wand" motion controller, i find myself in a "wait and see" state. if it turns out to be good and or at least function like the wiimote, i don't think i'll be wanting to buy another wii.

so with that, probably a psp or a ds with psp being higher.

Around the Network

I already have everything I wanted, so I'm good till next gen.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

x box 360 elite. so i could play splinter cell conviction and mass effect 2

Human contact, the final frontier.

the_lonely_gamer_123 said:

Can't you play both on PC?

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

aragod said:
the_lonely_gamer_123 said:

Can't you play both on PC?

You are right, but I prefer playing games on consoles over playing games on the computer. I don't know why.

Human contact, the final frontier.

Around the Network

A Xbox 360 so I could play online multiplayer with friends.  I know only one person in real life with a PS3, and they only use it as a Blu-ray player.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Rainbird said:
High spec PC is my number one, followed by a 360, then a Wii.

Wow!  You left out the best of them all PS3...that's bananas...lol

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

halil23 said:
tehsage said:
adriane23 said:
A DS. The only thing holding me back is the thought of finally getting one only to find out a new one is coming out next month........

It won't.

DS had 4 revisions in 5 years!! Pretty much a revision a year. (I wouldn't be surprise if another one coming out years end)

What makes you think it won't? Funnily this applied same to PSP.

That gets on my nerves...with the revising of the consoles or handhelds...psp pretty much does the samething and it drives me CRAZY..its all a marketing scheme...

Zer0John said:
I have a PS3 and a 360 but i wish i only had a PS3, i'm no more playing on the 360, the only reason i don't sell it are some games which i like to much (Dead Rising, Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect).

PS3 is turning that corner and starting to look at 360 i the rearview mirror...

ils411 said:
I've already gone through all of the consoles at one time or another in the past 3 years. I've Owned 3 ps3s , 3 xbox360s, 2 wiis, 3 psps, and 4 ds. The order went like this

psp 1000
dsl
psp 2000
ps3 40gig
xbox360 20gig/ wii
xbox360 20gig
ps3 60gig
xbox360 arcade jasper
ds / dsi
wii / dsl / ps340gig

now i'm just left with the ps3 40gig as i've sold the wii and the dsl due to some financial issues. after that, i've come to find the ps3 as the best fit for my gaming/movie needs. yes, i use my ps3 as a sort off media center watching bd, dvd, downloaded movies. though i do intend to buy another wii and a ds or psp (1 handheld would do)

But with the ps3 "wand" motion controller, i find myself in a "wait and see" state. if it turns out to be good and or at least function like the wiimote, i don't think i'll be wanting to buy another wii.

so with that, probably a psp or a ds with psp being higher.

Sounds like my resume of games...3 PS3 1 Wii 2 psp 1 N64 and here are my systems from the past....

Super Nintendo

Sega

Sega Genesis

PS2

Game Boy

Nintendo

Atari

that is why I am a gamefreak4ever...lol

Yes, out of all of them I love my PS3 the best...switched out the hard drive with a 500gb drive...man i feel powerful with all this access...