By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will God of War III push the PS3 past Uncharted 2's Graphical Success?!

Will God of War III push the PS3 past Uncharted 2's Graphical Success?!

Dang Skippy! Yes. 158 63.20%

In your dreams CGI! No. 91 36.40%

Total:249

I doubt it, Uncharted 2 just has so much attention to detail... It's amazing.

Then again, i can't wait to see this final build of God of War 3.

Around the Network

I thought it's been made clear that the PS3 was only maxed out with the SPU usage, but not in overall potential. And yes, I do think God of War III will look better.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

From what Ive seen, GOW3 dioesnt surpass alot of games already out. GOW3 wont even be in my top 10 when it's treleased based on the gameplay footage. I have never viewed GOW3 as a graphical contender, but a good series. Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Voted.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
From what Ive seen, GOW3 dioesnt surpass alot of games already out. GOW3 wont even be in my top 10 when it's treleased based on the gameplay footage. I have never viewed GOW3 as a graphical contender, but a good series. Thats my 2 cents anyway.

You haven't played the demo I presume? There aren't many games that can compete with it graphically at this point, and the final build hasn't even been unveiled yet.

Selnor, you have the most laughable comment in this thread... oh, wait, I forgot, you still think MW2 is a graphics king. =/

Around the Network
DaBuddahN said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

You haven't played the demo I presume? There aren't many games that can compete with it graphically at this point, and the final build hasn't even been unveiled yet.

Selnor, you have the most laughable comment in this thread... oh, wait, I forgot, you still think MW2 is a graphics king. =/

I have a strong stance on graphics. And think that it is far more important for how it looks onscreen than how many people go on about a game being technically better. Alot of art is technically better than other art. But that doesn't mean it looks better. See my point? No I havent played the demo, but GOW 3 has never shown as a graphics powerhouse to me. I have watched alot of footage. For example Bad Company 2 has me more excited graphics wise. It looks and feels so gritty at what it represents.

No, never played Uncharted 2... but even from videos online the game still amazes me. Definately has the best "realistic" graphics there is so far - it even has colors!

Gow never impressed me. Not on that e3 trailer not now.
Bayonetta looks much better than it, imho. Soo creative and wild graphic style! It's dazzling!

selnor said:
DaBuddahN said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

I have a strong stance on graphics. And think that it is far more important for how it looks onscreen than how many people go on about a game being technically better. Alot of art is technically better than other art. But that doesn't mean it looks better. See my point? No I havent played the demo, but GOW 3 has never shown as a graphics powerhouse to me. I have watched alot of footage. For example Bad Company 2 has me more excited graphics wise. It looks and feels so gritty at what it represents.

No "art" is technically better because art is not objective in nature! Hence why it is art... go to a museum or something, and have one of the guides explain this to you. Graphics is about textures, polygon count mixed with some good physics. I played the demo, twice, and I must say this game is at least in my top 5 for graphics (not sure about the order yet). Videos take away a lot of detail to games, especially Youtube ones. I suggest you download the demo yourself. I actually have a code, when I get to my apartment sometime next week, I can give it to you so you can have a first hand experience, maybe then your opinion will have a it more of weight to it.

selnor said:

We could call it's curent look it's "Beta" version.

When the full release footage is shown, im sure you will sht your pants with "wowza"-ness

DaBuddahN said:
selnor said:
DaBuddahN said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

No "art" is technically better because art is not objective in nature! Hence why it is art... go to a museum or something, and have one of the guides explain this to you. Graphics is about textures, polygon count mixed with some good physics. I played the demo, twice, and I must say this game is at least in my top 5 for graphics (not sure about the order yet). Videos take away a lot of detail to games, especially Youtube ones. I suggest you download the demo yourself. I actually have a code, when I get to my apartment sometime next week, I can give it to you so you can have a first hand experience, maybe then your opinion will have a it more of weight to it.

Graphics is art. It's a form of art. It's expessing. If you said to a game developer it isn't art they would walk away from you and never talk to you again. LOL.

About the code. Yeah I'll get it from you soon.