By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The Orange Box isn't a game, Portal, Episode 2, and TF2 are games and as great as they are, they won't get GotY.

Around the Network

come on, Ninjabread man will obviously win. Sad, but it's a very commercial world we live in. It's hype will carry it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Would SMG even be counted as a 2007 year game? Don't Games after November carry over as officially 2008 GOY Awards.

COD 4

EGM gave the 06 GotY to Twilight Princess.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I think GTY 2007 is either going to be SMG or Mass Effect.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

right now it's looking like Orange Box SMG or Mass Effect??? except Orange Box is not really a game and I completely forgot about Assassins Creed.

Also, I find it pretty funny that you list the 2006 GotY as Gears of War (PC/360).

I think there are only three (four?) clear candidates:

- Bioshock
- Mass Effect
- Galaxy
- CoD4(?)

As good as Bioshock was, I think its already in peoples memories - with so many good games out since. But it has a chance.

Mass Effect has a real chance, but we'll have to wait for reviews. The issue with ME I have, is that the game is so ambitious - its going to be easy for people to find *some* flaw with it. "RPG not deep enough", "Too much shooting", "Game too linear", "Game not linear enough", etc. We'll see for sure in the coming weeks though.

CoD4 might have a chance(?), but I think its just too generic (a "typical" shooter that is really well done).

Galaxy is the (and my) obvious choice. Firstly, because to date it has received rave reviews across the board (currently #3 best ranked game of all time - on gamerankings).

Secondly, its truly original (with a bunch of original gameplay ideas), and does a great job of reinventing the platforming genre. It also sticks out, and appeals to more as a "pure" game than a sim (or something else).

Dark horse - Guitar Hero 3?

I also shouldn't write off Uncharted just yet either. I don't expect it to reach the same heights as R&C (which is also a great game, but just a notch below GOTY level) - but if it does, or exceed it - it could be a contender.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Bioshock?????