By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DARN! WE HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR GRAN TURISMO 5!

I think that they are shooting for a May/June launch in the US/Europe, but that just a geuss. As far as pushing it back goes though. It's pretty hard to push back a date that never existed.

@Username2324

You are joking right?

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

As this proves nothing, and we are still waiting for a solid date, I think November would be a good release window for this game.

It is arguably the Largest Sony game that will release this gen.
Launching this megaton game just before Natal and Reach come out (for MS) would be a smart move by Sony.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

its out march in japan.

the only reason it's being late on USA it's due different marketing and polyphony can't push the game from japan as easy as sony usa.

Retailers get info from the publishers themselves and they put dates according to that. If, however, they don't get a date, they generally put it pretty far back, usually December 31, XXXX. But if they aren't entirely sure but have some date they'll just put it at the start of a month or end of a quarter as they have here.

But either way it is a placeholder such that it can be reserved. Wait for an official date from Sony. More than likely summer 2010 if I had to guess.

well I'm always a tad bit skeptical about gamestop's release dates, they had Golden Sun DS release date at 1/1/10

Around the Network

I'll wait for an offcial annoucement before freaking out lol.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Some of these games need to be pushed back. Their line up is too stacked for the first half of the year.

RVDondaPC said:
Some of these games need to be pushed back. Their line up is too stacked for the first half of the year.

Stacked with what? Shenmue QTE edition aka Heavy Rain? MAG that is almost non-existent on the hype scale?

Anyways, GT5 must be in serious trouble, and I predict it will indeed be delayed once again (yet again). It would be better for Sony to offer it in the fall anyway. In Spring it will have no impact, just as Killzone 2 had no impact for example.

toadal said:
RVDondaPC said:

Stacked with what? Shenmue QTE edition aka Heavy Rain? MAG that is almost non-existent on the hype scale?

Anyways, GT5 must be in serious trouble, and I predict it will indeed be delayed once again (yet again). It would be better for Sony to offer it in the fall anyway. In Spring it will have no impact, just as Killzone 2 had no impact for example.

GT5's in serious trouble when it's being released in Japan in March? I really don't think so. I reckon around September so they'll get a pre Christmas boost, then a second Christmas boost, especially if they bundle it with PS3s.

Yes Heavy Rain and you're forgetting God of War III, and Final Fantasy XIII, not to mention Insomniac are likely to release Resistance 3 this year. And after playing MAG beta, I reckon it could be this year's dark horse.

Username2324 said:
After that Time Trial, I don't blame them. How they managed to screw it up so much I do not know, its so unrealistic and looks like crap compared to GT5 Prologue.

Are you being Serious ??? You do know that Time Trial Did NOT come off GT5 ? they Built it For GT Academy , and it was too show off the new Physics Engine

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords