By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is gametrailers problem with the wii?

They never have any new wii game footage.  They don't pick Wii exclusive games for wii game of the year.  NSMBWii isn't even mentioned on the game of the year award...  I just don't get it?  Why must everyone rate a game on graphics? 

Fisrt: I rate my games on how fun they are!

Second: Controls and gameplay

Third: Story

Fourth: Music

Fifth: Graphics

Everything gametrailers does is on visuals.  Well I think they are terrible when it comes to rating games, and they need to treat the wii with more respect!!!

Around the Network

To answer the thread title, 'teh casualz' is gametrailers problem with the Wii. This hatred is nothing new, and will never cease. I suggest you learn to deal with it.

Good to hear you rate music over graphics btw :)

Same problem G4 has with the Wii, lol.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

G4 hates the Wii now?!? I'm lost... are there any publications that don't?

Did it ever occur to you that HD games may be better then their Wii competitors and that is why Wii games don't take GOTY? (Besides, last year, the Wii got nothing worthy of the title IMO).

Around the Network

Gametrailers is all about serving audio and video about games to people. It makes sense for it to have a bias toward games that have shiny videos or big marketing budgets (to release lots of trailers).

Many Wii games are very tactile. You can't appreciate how good they are through a video camera. You have to feel the satisfaction for yourself. For this reason, even if the Wii had HD-quality graphics, Wii trailers would still suck.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Nintendo has been partnering with gametrailers to an odd degree (mostly for promotion for WiiWare), but yeah, GameTrailers is going to reflect who gives them the hits, and its the HD game trailers that give them hits. The Wii audience doesn't want to watch videos and debate about screen tearing or anti-aliasing, they just want to play some games.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Xen said:
Did it ever occur to you that HD games may be better then their Wii competitors and that is why Wii games don't take GOTY? (Besides, last year, the Wii got nothing worthy of the title).

A simple as it is to respond to your post.  Let me start with this.  Will you ever play MW2, Uncharted 2 (blah blee freaking blah) again after MW3, Uncharted 3 come out?  The answer to that is NOPE!

This^^^ is why games like Punch Out, Super Mario Brothers, Metroid, Zelda ect are better games.  The replay value is unlimited and will never go away.  I still like to play NES game from 1985.  Will you ever freaking play the original Gran Tourismo again? NOPE! once again.  HD Games are in no shape or form better than games like Little King Story or NSMB Wii. 

Wow the game looks great!  Oh, but it is the same as every other freaking game with a different story line.  This is where XBOX360 and PS3 are making mistakes.  They need more games like Little Big Planet to compete.  Guess what they don't want to, they want to focus on graphics.  I don't care how good it looks, if I can't figure out the 70 buttons to push

That's funny because they usual give Wii games pretty good review scores.
At least way higher than the average reviewer.

PorkChopTD said:
Xen said:
Did it ever occur to you that HD games may be better then their Wii competitors and that is why Wii games don't take GOTY? (Besides, last year, the Wii got nothing worthy of the title).

A simple as it is to respond to your post.  Let me start with this.  Will you ever play MW2, Uncharted 2 (blah blee freaking blah) again after MW3, Uncharted 3 come out?  The answer to that is NOPE!

This^^^ is why games like Punch Out, Super Mario Brothers, Metroid, Zelda ect are better games.  The replay value is unlimited and will never go away.  I still like to play NES game from 1985.  Will you ever freaking play the original Gran Tourismo again? NOPE! once again.  HD Games are in no shape or form better than games like Little King Story or NSMB Wii. 

Wow the game looks great!  Oh, but it is the same as every other freaking game with a different story line.  This is where XBOX360 and PS3 are making mistakes.  They need more games like Little Big Planet to compete.  Guess what they don't want to, they want to focus on graphics.  I don't care how good it looks, if I can't figure out the 70 buttons to push

So the fact that you love NES games means that all Nintendo games should win every GotY forever?  This is one of those "Nintendo makes classics and noone else does" arguments that makes me want to hurt Nintendo fans.  The fact that I won't play Uncharted 2 after Uncharted 3 comes out is inconsequential and an assumption on your part that isn't true.  The GotY is supposed to go wo the BEST game of the year, not "game most likely to be a classic" like this is some video game high school yearbook.