By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am amazed how much the Wii gets ignored in the console wars.

demonfox13 said:
tehsage said:
Sorcery said:
tehsage said:
Sorcery said:
It's because very, very few talented development teams are working on the Wii compared to the PS3 and the 360. Most third parties have their best teams working on the PS3 or 360 (see: EA, Ubisoft, Capcom, etc).

The Wii is getting Monster Hunter Tri, though! :D

Does MH3, ports of great last-gen games, a lot of Resident Evil, and Zack & Wiki match up well against Dead Rising, Lost Planet, DMC4, RE5, SFIV, and Dark Void? :p

I think I enjoyed Zach and Wiki more than all the non Wii games mentioned together.

I guess Demon's Souls is no good.....oh wait, it's too hard for the casual market hehe nvm.

That is exactly the kind of comment we are talking about (I bet you would do great with Fire Emblem, smart ass).

As in movies, by instance, there is lots of prejudice prior to the judgment of whether  a game is good or not. These are some of them:

* You've got those who think that a 250 millon dollar movie, with lots of special effects is somehow better than a 1 millon one, with no effects.

* Somehow, a gory and bloody game is better than Little King Story or A boy and his Blob.

* What small kids or parents enjoy cannot be good enough for badass teenagers or "real men".

Labels are important. They contribute to create a particular idea of what things are supposed to be and most of people react to them. The casual labelled to Nintendo console was a smart move made by Nintendo to wider the gaming market. The HD consoles replied quite effectively: they turn its strength into a weakness to assure themselves a share of the market. Later, development teams kind of reacted to what the user base and the gaming community was somehow expecting. It doesn't matter the true hardcore gaming possibilities of a console. If the market studies tell them that "hardcore" gamers are convinced that the "hardcore" experience is going to be on the HD consoles, then damn the Nintendo Fan base. Stupid neglective market studies.

Around the Network
Sorcery said:
It's because very, very few talented development teams are working on the Wii compared to the PS3 and the 360. Most third parties have their best teams working on the PS3 or 360 (see: EA, Ubisoft, Capcom, etc).

THIS is what continues to baffle me the most, not that people are ignoring Wii in sales discussions, but that 3rd parties are actually ignoring it and acting like it's a last place console when it's a first place console. And they are giving the losing consoles the most support. This industry is so amazingly ass backwards you simply have to stand in awe of it.

The Wii has already won, the console war is over.

The battle for second place is way more interesting.

NiKKoM said:
RageBot said:
Pepole ignore the Wii since most pepole who care about gaming, who likes to discuss gaming, pepole who sees it as a real hobby (and not just pepole who sees it as "simple fun", though that includes pepole who only play CoD and the kind) just don't find the Wii's library attractive to their tastes.

You're confusing "Real hobby" gamers with 14 year old kids who like Michael Bay movies...

:)

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

I would say it most likely has more to do with PS3 and Xbox fanboys not wanting to admit that Nintendo beat them solidly.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
The Wii has already won, the console war is over.

The battle for second place is way more interesting.

This.

Netyaroze said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Netyaroze said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"The Wii has won years ago there is not much to talk about except Wii vs PS2. The people dont mention the wii because its senseless what should you talk about that the Wii outsold the Xbox360 by 1 Million Consoles or should we talk about outselling the PS3 by 750k Consoles ?"

Why are you acting as though sales are the only thing about the Wii to discuss. It's EVERYTHING about the Wii that's being ignored.

I dont own the wii I followed the sales since PS3 launch because I like the PS3 I am just not interested in the Wii. I didnt cared about the PS2 either, last gen because NGC was the console of my choice. I bought the PS2 2007. I was just interested in GC sales vs Xbox but i didnt know about this site. 

Its not my duty to talk about the Wii the people that own a Wii and/or are interested in its games. I will buy one after a Wii Zelda released I had twilight Princess on GC I just dont have a reason to talk about it.

And the race between PS3 and xbox360 is as tight as possible both consoles could win against each other this never happened before its almost like a slow horse race. There is just more to talk about.

Again, that's just about sales. We mean the OTHER THINGS about the Wii that aren't being talked about. You forget games aren't just about how much they sell, or else why would you act like gaming system sales is all there is to discuss about them?

Again,

its not just about sales I am just more interested in Xbox and PS3 games thats it. I talk about the Wii if there is something which interests me. But its only a handful of games and most of the games were released in 2007. I dont know why the people dont talk about it. I just know I am not talking much about it because I prefer the PS3 and Xbox library I dont play Wii that much.

I dont want to downplay the achievments of Nintendo I am a Nintendo-fan over generations. Except the Wii I had every nintendo console and still have them. 

I am sure that most people which tend to ignore the wii do it because they just arent interested in it or its games. Maybe some people in this thread explain the reason why they dont talk about Wii. i am one of the persons which dont speak much about the wii and i told you why I am doing that. And its not because I hate nintendo or try to downplay the success of the Wii.

This generation they just lost me. And I hope for the WII2 and that the 3rd partys finally make good games for it.

I will buy the Wii sooner or later because i cant miss Mario galaxy 1-2 Zelda and Metroid but I didnt even manage to play the games i want on the PS3 because i dont have enough time So i definetly wont buy a second console yet.

The topic is not about what you specifically think of the Wii either. You keep trying to avoid the fact that your first statement was wrong. The Wii is not ignored because of its lead, because then only the sales would be ignored, not the whole of the system. The PS2 got its sales ignored, but not the rest of it, so your reason is false.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Netyaroze said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Netyaroze said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"The Wii has won years ago there is not much to talk about except Wii vs PS2. The people dont mention the wii because its senseless what should you talk about that the Wii outsold the Xbox360 by 1 Million Consoles or should we talk about outselling the PS3 by 750k Consoles ?"

Why are you acting as though sales are the only thing about the Wii to discuss. It's EVERYTHING about the Wii that's being ignored.

I dont own the wii I followed the sales since PS3 launch because I like the PS3 I am just not interested in the Wii. I didnt cared about the PS2 either, last gen because NGC was the console of my choice. I bought the PS2 2007. I was just interested in GC sales vs Xbox but i didnt know about this site. 

Its not my duty to talk about the Wii the people that own a Wii and/or are interested in its games. I will buy one after a Wii Zelda released I had twilight Princess on GC I just dont have a reason to talk about it.

And the race between PS3 and xbox360 is as tight as possible both consoles could win against each other this never happened before its almost like a slow horse race. There is just more to talk about.

Again, that's just about sales. We mean the OTHER THINGS about the Wii that aren't being talked about. You forget games aren't just about how much they sell, or else why would you act like gaming system sales is all there is to discuss about them?

Again,

its not just about sales I am just more interested in Xbox and PS3 games thats it. I talk about the Wii if there is something which interests me. But its only a handful of games and most of the games were released in 2007. I dont know why the people dont talk about it. I just know I am not talking much about it because I prefer the PS3 and Xbox library I dont play Wii that much.

I dont want to downplay the achievments of Nintendo I am a Nintendo-fan over generations. Except the Wii I had every nintendo console and still have them. 

I am sure that most people which tend to ignore the wii do it because they just arent interested in it or its games. Maybe some people in this thread explain the reason why they dont talk about Wii. i am one of the persons which dont speak much about the wii and i told you why I am doing that. And its not because I hate nintendo or try to downplay the success of the Wii.

This generation they just lost me. And I hope for the WII2 and that the 3rd partys finally make good games for it.

I will buy the Wii sooner or later because i cant miss Mario galaxy 1-2 Zelda and Metroid but I didnt even manage to play the games i want on the PS3 because i dont have enough time So i definetly wont buy a second console yet.

The topic is not about what you specifically think of the Wii either. You keep trying to avoid the fact that your first statement was wrong. The Wii is not ignored because of its lead, because then only the sales would be ignored, not the whole of the system. The PS2 got its sales ignored, but not the rest of it, so your reason is false.

PS2 had an absolutely amazing library overall  an didn't rely on showing 1 picture of Zelda at an E3 for the fans to be sold. Also Nintendo has rarely ever been good with 3rd party support anyways which isn't a bad thing. Everything is their way or the highway (they own the highway too). Plus when 3rd parties do release something, the sales don't come even close to the 1st party stuff. People bash me but I still think Muramasa and NMH should have sold more, yet Wii Sports is the biggest title. Sega is one of the few that is trying its best but people don't appreciate that either nor seem to care, so why should the 3rd parties?

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

demonfox13 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Netyaroze said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Netyaroze said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Again,

PS2 had an absolutely amazing library overall  an didn't rely on showing 1 picture of Zelda at an E3 for the fans to be sold. Also Nintendo has rarely ever been good with 3rd party support anyways which isn't a bad thing. Everything is their way or the highway (they own the highway too). Plus when 3rd parties do release something, the sales don't come even close to the 1st party stuff. People bash me but I still think Muramasa and NMH should have sold more, yet Wii Sports is the biggest title. Sega is one of the few that is trying its best but people don't appreciate that either nor seem to care, so why should the 3rd parties?

NMH kicks ass, and Muramasa is good from what I hear, but the fallacy isn't thinking they deserved better sales, but thinking that being on the Wii is why they didn't sell. Not sure if you think that, but others do, same with Madworld, completely ignoring it well outsold its spiritual predecessor God Hand (created by the same guy), and that NMH is Suda's bestselling game.

So even though those games still deserved better sales, I do maintain the Wii didn't hurt the sales.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

What's there to discuss? Big games are few and far between and it would be boring as fuck if all we ever talked about was "Nintendomination!.... again".