By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart Wii has crossed 20 MILLLION!!!!!

I'm not surprised a number of 3rd party companies have released unofficial plastic wheels, the temptation for buyers of this game to buy an extra wheel for every Wii-mote must mean huge moulded plastic sales!

Around the Network

That's indeed really huge! The next 2 games to reach that milestone are Wii Sport Resorts and New uper Mario Bros. Wii.

And all those critics slamming this game in favor of GTA IV (and I'm a fan of GTA) are eating crow (just denying it).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Wow.

Congrats... Here's to 10 Million more!

LordTheNightKnight said:
And all those critics slamming this game in favor of GTA IV (and I'm a fan of GTA) are eating crow (just denying it).

I remember that GTAIV got all the press, but MK Wii is proving to be the sales champion.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network

ye it is but comparing to Wii Sports milestine

No one sells their own software like Nintendo, just crazy numbers.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

nintendo is king software and hardware this gen in both hanheld and home consoles really high

llewdebkram said:
I'm not surprised a number of 3rd party companies have released unofficial plastic wheels, the temptation for buyers of this game to buy an extra wheel for every Wii-mote must mean huge moulded plastic sales!

The retailers must love this game because those plastic wheels are massive profit for them.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

LordTheNightKnight said:

And more than 1 year on for both games just look at the staggering difference.

Mario Kart Wii
Nintendo 90 471,735 20,178,729
Grand Theft Auto IV
Rockstar Games 87 56,416 7,539,735
Grand Theft Auto IV
Rockstar Games 87 43,707 6,135,296