By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Sega" Nintendo could drop the Wii price to $80 and still make a profit

what the bad thing he said??

that many got the wii with wii sports and a mario game and only that?

or that is cheap to make?

Around the Network

Well he knows that WSR comes with a free Wiimote, so he's clearly paying close attention to the market.

apollon said:
what the bad thing he said??

that many got the wii with wii sports and a mario game and only that?

or that is cheap to make?

He's quoting non-factual attach ratios and overstating Nintendo's profit margins

The Gamecube actually cost around $80 in 2005, one year before the Wii released. So this actually makes sense.

foxxycontin said:
The Gamecube actually cost around $80 in 2005, one year before the Wii released. So this actually makes sense.

The cube price was only for clearance, it's not the same situation.

Around the Network

would surprise me. PS2 it's selling 99$ making tons of profits.

The Wii is smaller and more beefy than GC...and includes the sensor bar, and more complex controllers can't be that cheap.

Wii attach rate is 8 games/shipped per system shipped ~four of which are third party games.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

alfredofroylan said:
foxxycontin said:

The cube price was only for clearance, it's not the same situation.

The price wasn't for clearance. I could find people buying Gamecubes for $100 right before the Wii came out. Also how is it a clearance one year before a console ships?

Here's proof that the price was $100 and surprisingly that was in 2003.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/451/451364p1.html

i think he means with the software they sell amongst it. Like the whole business will still be profitable

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

It was on a 1up podcast, right? This sort of thing is understandable. He's saying what the podcast's audience wants to hear.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.