By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN : Call of Duty 4 review !

I believe Super Mario Galaxy is around 25 hours, depending on how fast you are, and not the 7-15 hours Legend11 said. 5-6 hours is pretty short and online multiplayer is useless to me and people like me. Call of Duty is probably a good game, but due to its short length prevents people like me from shelling out 50 dollars to buy it.

Around the Network

I would think that SMG will have far greater replay value the CoD4, that makes quite a big difference. Also the 15 hours max estimate is quite a bit larger than 6.

Besides, a game such as CoD has more of a 'churn them out' feel than a proper Mario platformer. One will give you a few hours of gaming not hugely distinguishable from competing series and its own predecessors, good though it may be. The other will give you a few more hours but will probably be a far more unique and memorable experience.

Gamespot gave the game a 9. Apperantly they thought it was too short.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/callofduty4modernwarfare/review.html?sid=6182425

Shambolic said:
I would think that SMG will have far greater replay value the CoD4, that makes quite a big difference. Also the 15 hours max estimate is quite a bit larger than 6.

Besides, a game such as CoD has more of a 'churn them out' feel than a proper Mario platformer. One will give you a few hours of gaming not hugely distinguishable from competing series and its own predecessors, good though it may be. The other will give you a few more hours but will probably be a far more unique and memorable experience.

your reply was definitely better than mine.

mrstickball said:
...How is it that we can bash Call of Duty 4, which is a very solid single player experience, at 5-6hrs, but has decent, if not great multiplayer, and overtly praise Super Mario Galaxy, which clocks in at 7-15hrs, and has absolutely no multiplayer?

Because Mario galaxy is over 20 hours just to finnish the game and around 40+ to get all stars ?

Oh wait. I finnished CoD 4 in 5 minutes, so you all must agree that it is a 5 minutes game. 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

Just another thought, I also believe that multiplayer has unintentionally gave developers a justification not create longer gameplay. I'm quite sure Infinity Ward didn't tack on the Call of Duty multiplayer but at some point, one of the developers must have raise up the point of the game being too short and the other developers simply replied "It'll have multiplayer."

It's true that is 6 hour single player
but after you finish it .. you can play 10000 hour or a whole year to play it online .. and you will not get bored

Official Xbox Magazine 10 / 10
Official Xbox Magazine UK 9 / 10
Eurogamer 9 / 10
Gametrailers 9.4 / 10
Planet Xbox 360 9.9 / 10
GameZone 9.5 / 10
GameTap 9 / 10

Official Xbox Magazine 10 / 10
Official Xbox Magazine UK 9 / 10
Eurogamer 9 / 10
Gametrailers 9.4 / 10
Planet Xbox 360 9.9 / 10
GameZone 9.5 / 10
GameTap 9 / 10

Brilliant game... I got it on Monday, had a public holiday on Tuesday and played it all day yesterday.

There are three Acts with I think 8 - 10 levels in each and each level takes about 30 minutes to finish.

I LOVE this game... it's one of the most immersive games i've ever played... i'll definitely play through again on a higher difficulty.

I haven't finished it yet, but god damn the story is fantastic, the gameplay is fantastic, the weapons all feel good to shoot...

I will play this a lot, unfortunately there is no one on the multplayer servers yet so I can't play multiplayer all that much.