By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN : Call of Duty 4 review !

It's ONLINE time ..
online multi is the most important thing now !!

Around the Network

How can they give a game with what they said had a 5-6 hr campaign mode, 9.4 out of 10...?

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

go deep and hard....lol.... bow chicka bow wow

xbox 360, ps2 are my consoles 

end of generation predictions: wii 106 million Xbox 360 59 million PS3 57 million  

I would have bought this on launch were it not for a 5-6 hour gameplay. That really blows because I am just not into multiplayer. I've tried to get into it, but it just doesn't do anything for me. I'll rent this one and finish it.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I've got TF2 and Halo pretty much covering my online desires, as good as COD4 sounds, I'm probably not going to buy it. Does anyone else have a review up for it yet? I'm at work and they block it...

Predictions for 2008, I'll leave 'em untouched all year.

Being a little hopeful on the PS3 and a little pessemistic on the 360

Wii:     32mil                                           DS:      82mil

PS3:    16mil                                           PSP:    42mil

360:    24mil

Around the Network

I've just got into online mutiplayer with Warhawk (my ideal type of game), and so this pushed me over the edge, and plus I really enjyed big red one and CoD 3 on PS3, and 10/10 from OPM (second game yet after oblivion)

add me

DarkNight_DS said:
Production costs makes games shorter! Adding in multiplayer is cheaper then producing a long game.

Bull...

The game is 6-10 hours long depending on the level you choose, you also unlock an arcade mode once you beat it, plus over 100 hours of online play, sounds like a pretty long game.

Ishy said:
How can they give a game with what they said had a 5-6 hr campaign mode, 9.4 out of 10...?

Because clearly IGN didn't feel that it had a negative impact on the games lasting appeal.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

...How is it that we can bash Call of Duty 4, which is a very solid single player experience, at 5-6hrs, but has decent, if not great multiplayer, and overtly praise Super Mario Galaxy, which clocks in at 7-15hrs, and has absolutely no multiplayer?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.