By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN : Call of Duty 4 review !

Like Origin, as much as people say the first playthrough is 5-6hrs, people forget Veteran difficulty.

Beating a Call of Duty game on Veteran is vastly, incredibly much harder and vastly more rewarding. I wound up with about 25hrs on CoD2 (which is about the same length as CoD4, fyi) due to normal and vet difficulties.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

the only reason people are not giving love to call of duty 4 is because they haven't played it, and cause its not on the wii.

Ari_Gold said:
the only reason people are not giving love to call of duty 4 is because they haven't played it, and cause its not on the wii.

Shut up, just shut up...What a pointless comment. The only thing that people have said is that Mario Galaxy ISN'T 7 hours long, only Legend seems to have said that, its actually around 25 hours. IGN have said that CoD4 is around 7 hours to finish itself, hence why -SOME- people have said they will rent it rather than buy it.  CoD4 is -obviously- a quality title, to be so short and still get rated so high. Utterly utterly pointless comment.

Games i'm currently playing:

Look, we have already debunked the 7-15 hour thread on SMG, while we may not have an exact source for SMG's time, the 7-15 hour were pure crap if you even read the source. I hope this is the last time anyone mention this, I am sick and tired of the meme (or was that human nature) into believing the most negative about a game even if all your sources actually contradicts your point.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Great game. Kudos to Activision for really solid port. According to IGN PS3 version of this game has slightly shorter loadings (about 2-5 sec) - everything else is the same, Gamezone scored PS3 higher but I have no idea how credible they are. I hope this is the new standard for ported games.

Around the Network

I love the game... They fixed all the bugs from previous CoD 2 & 3 and the new window dressing, and moving to modern times is great.

But, I also think that it is only a modest improvement on the CoD 2 game... CoD 3 had lousy story telling. CoD 2 & 4 have grea, immersive stories.

Don't get me wrong, I think the game deserves the reviews it is getting, but, I don't think the innovations here will not warrant GOTY. It looks stunning and plays excellent... But I think that BioShock, Ratchet & Clank, and then if Mass Effect and Super Mario Galaxy are innovative enough they may warrant GOTY honors as well.

The interesting part is after you beat the game you do a mission on a plane, very odd. The game is great, took me 5 hours on the recruit level, beating it on the next level now, and the cheats you unlock add even more fun to the game.