By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - new wii channels?

when are we gonna get some new wii channels? it feels like its been forever. what about that movie one that japan has? and isnt the last new one the nintendo channel?

Around the Network
shadowD said:

when are we gonna get some new wii channels? it feels like its been forever. what about that movie one that japan has? and isnt the last new one the nintendo channel?

I would love a more open WiiSpeak Channel (remember that Nintendo?).  One where we don't have to put in friend codes to use it.  

A movie channel would be cool.  Is the Wii of Japan the same as the Wii of America?

what's the point?
Just enjoy the games on the wii and leave at that.

if you want all that extra media stuff, then get your self a small media PC, 360, PS3 and hook it up to your TV for that other stuff.

Destroyer_of_knights said:
what's the point?

if you want all that extra media stuff, then get your self a small media PC, 360, PS3 and hook it up to your TV for that other stuff.

New channels are not limited to media.

Wii has the BBC Iplayer channel now :) but I'm not sure if Iplayer is only available in UK,

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
Destroyer_of_knights said:
what's the point?

So people aren't allowed to want new functions in their Wii?  I'm pretty sure the whole purpose of channels was to allow for expandability, otherwise Nintendo would have included all intended features from the outset.

Wii no Ma is probably being hindered due to licensing problems. NoA would have to take on content acquisition pretty much all on their own, which would be a tough feat.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Yeah new channels will be awesome.
BBC iplayer is free right?

Sounds like other countries get more channels that NA. Totally sucks. I don't see why third parties don't make more utility based channels. I think they too much stuck in games.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Nintendogamer said:

Wii has the BBC Iplayer channel now :) but I'm not sure if Iplayer is only available in UK,

i wish that was in north america